jeremi3210

d200 hydro motor rebuild

jeremi3210

Hello i need to get my hydro motor from my d200 apart to rebuild it. Anyone have any pointers on how to get it apart? Read that one needs a press to do it? Any help would be great thanks. Jeremi

pfrederi

Check out the videos located in the how to section

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/106-how-to-videos/

You do need a press.  You should also down load the Sundstrand manual. 

Unless it is broken acceleration valve In my experience if the motor has problems so does the pump.   Good luck.  There are several of us here who have done this.  Let us know what you need and what your symptoms are.

daveoman1966

If rebuilding the hyd motor, why not also rebuild the hyd pump. To rebuild one and not the other may be a futile exercise as they share the same (contaminated / dirty) fluid that has one or the other performing poorly. They also have nearly identical internal brass components that would, by definition, wear out or scar equally. My question is: how do you know that it is the hyd motor needing rebuild and not the pump?

You can use an arbor press to get the shaft out of the hyd motor and it only takes a couple hundred lbs pressure.

Not sure where, but the Sundstrand manual for this unit is available in one of the Yahoo Wheelhorse clubs.

jeremi3210

We just we.t thru the pump. Just looking for pointers on the motor.

• Like 1

coldone

Yes you need a press to get the cylinder group off the main shaft. Just follow the manual.

jeremi3210

Ok. Got it apart as far as i can without a press. Dont look good, slippers are scratched and the valve plate is pitted very bad. Gonna have to look for parts.

coldone

LJ fluid power in MI. (269) 623-4150

You will need to talk to LJ and have the wheelhorse part numbers.

Dont remember how expensive the rotating group is or the valve plate but it wasnt cheap. I believe that the sundstrand 15 series "thin valve Plate" can be made to work in the motor. The center hole will need to be enlarged to fit around the shaft bearing. You can check ebay for the plate.

It would probably be cheaper to try your luck with used motors from ebay.

ETA: just reread your last post, you shouldnt be able to see the valve plate wihtout pressing the cylinder group off. If you are talking about the plate that the slippers ride on, thats the swash plate. Slippers can be polished and the swash plate can be lapped. Can you get some pics so we can see the damage?

Edited by coldone

jeremi3210

Iam talking abouy the valve plate cant get a real good look at it but from what i can see it aint good. I will post pic when i do get it apart.

jeremi3210

Here is the best pic i can get right now.

post-5643-0-57931700-1373892361_thumb.jp

coldone

OUCH! That left a mark.

The bottom side of the cylinder block is going to look rough too. I will wait for disassembly before I pass judgement on it. You may want to watch ebay for a cheap hydro motor. The ones from the c series should work also so you dont have to limit your search to D's.

pfrederi

I contacted LJ about a valve plates a few months ago.  He had the pump plate but the motor plate has to be machined to fit WHs. (They never seemed to be able to get around to it.) After waiting a couple of months I gave up and just went with the pump plate. Lapped my existing motor plate.

When you are ordering parts get a spring clip that holds the motor piston block on.  They can break during the pressing for removal.

coldone

The machining is enlarging the centerhole on the plate. cna be done at most machine shops for less than $100

jeremi3210

Well got the motor apart today sanded the plate up a bit and realized its a winless battle. I do have another motor i will look at tomorrow, wish me luck.

jeremi3210

Ok so i got my other motor i just got from joes outdoor apart i will let the pictures do the talking. The only thing good in it was the valve plate aftet a bunch of sanding. Hopefully between the two motors i can make one work.

post-5643-0-29416100-1374364069_thumb.jp

post-5643-0-02969600-1374364143_thumb.jp

post-5643-0-20582800-1374364199_thumb.jp

jeremi3210

Heres a pic of the first plate after sanding.

post-5643-0-61160600-1374364541_thumb.jp

jeremi3210

Got the motor put back today and success!!! Works great thanks for all the help.

• Like 1

coldone

Another happy ending! Glad it worked out for you. I wonder what caused the slippers to round over like that.

jeremi3210

Finally got the rest of the tractor back together today. Cant wait to get it out and use it.

post-5643-0-58386600-1375056036_thumb.jp

coldone

Oh thats sweet! Great looking setup.

pfrederi

Like that back hoe!!!

JamesBe1

Awesome!  The backhoe is really cool.