Sign in to follow this  
clemedc

Tiller WT-241 Whats it worth

clemedc

OK here is another WHATS IT WORTH? I am looking at a running working WT-241 tiller which I think is from the RJ/Suburban era It had a lil Tecumseh (I think) powering it and it is pulled behind the tractor using the slot hitch. Now the bad, it has one broken tine. It has a nice patina and is in good shape for its age.

Is it worth $125.00 with a broken tine or more, less? Or is this tiller just not a desirable acc.

Thanks for your opinions. and sorry no pics

CasualObserver

The WT-241-WT-244 tillers were 1961-1964 era.  The lift arm will not fit a RJ/Suburban... the RJ/Suburban slot hitch is a smaller dimension. (exception... the 551 used the two piece unidrive and the larger slot hitch)

As for worth... they seem to go up and down.  I've seen them sit unsold for $100, and I've seen them sell for anywhere from $50-150. (one really anomalous sale on ebay recently hit over $600.... :wacko:  not really sure why!?! :scratchead: )   Really a buyer subjective attachment as far as whether its desirable or not. 

It was a Wheel Horse patented design... (of course by the time they got the actual patent they'd already stopped producing it!)  I think your best bet to find replacement tines would be to check with the salvagers and find another parts machine you can get one from.  Either that or just start looking at other junk tillers and see if you can find something to make work.

Edited by CasualObserver
added exception

KC9KAS

I would say "Yes" it is worth the money.

I was thinking somewhere I saw a post when a person can buy replacement tiller tines.....Probably have to replace all of them if you can't find the exact size.

Rototiller Tines & Replacement Tines Garden Tiller Tines, Tiller Parts & Replacement Tiller Tines . . . more

When you need new tiller tines, check out the selection at Agri Supply. We carry rototiller tines and other garden tiller tines to keep your yard equipment running at full speed. For replacement tines, we carry both the L.H. and R.H. versions. Try our store for tiller parts and see that we have high quality products at affordable prices online and in our lawn and garden center retail stores.

Your search for tiller tines can stop here, as you can't beat our impressive garden supply inventory. We carry the rototiller tines and other replacement tines you need to keep your yard equipment in top shape.