Sign in to follow this  
combatmp29r

Out of State Rustlin complete

combatmp29r

Well as a few of you know Ken (Chevelletown) and I made out Missouri/Illinois horse rustlin trip yesterday. It took about 19 hours all told and had 4 stops and 2 mini meets.

We left Indy at 0300 hrs and headed west under the cover of darkness. As the sun was breaking over the eastern horizon we arrived at our first pickup for the day. We loaded kens new 603 and goodies and spent some time visiting with its PO William. Very nice guy and very informative on the St Louis area. After an hour or so there we headed east over the Mississippi to the monsterouse town of Waterloo IL B). There we picked up our second horse. My V7 that T-MO has been tryin to get me to buy for months now. Ken and I had more luck talking to the tractor than the PO at this one, but still a decent stop B) From there we went back through ST Louis and North to Tim's (catman) place. Now T-MO was unable to meet up with us while we were there, but it is all because of him that we aquired the two horses from St Louis. Remember that Frank when you read this. I think thats why T-MO couldn't meet us. He still has denyability with out photos LOL.

At Tims Ken and I loaded a Charger V8 w/KV181 for me and a snowblade and goodies for Glenn27. We spent a good while talking with Tim and viewing his herd and other projects. If anyone is out his way I suggest stoppin in and visitin with him for awhile. He is a master fabricator, and a great guy in general. Tim thanks for the hospitality, and if your down around Indy feel free to stop in any time.

From there we snuck back into IN and made our final stop at Steve's (wh500special) house. This time we were droppin off a Commando V8 I had picked up for steve from down here in southern IN. Again it was great to meet Steve and spend some time lookin at his herd and just visiting in general. Steve thank you too for the hospitality and the invitation to stop in is open for you too.

So all in all we had a great day rustlin horses and meetin other RS members.

Oh and see Eldon your not the only one that still travels for them B) :whistle:

wh500special

Joel,

Glad you made it back home safely. It was a real pleasure meeting you and Ken yesterday - I only regret I hadn't perpared better for your visit and had something to send home with you guys!

Everyone should know that these are two great guys and are a real asset to the hobby.

And I can't forget about catman Tim either...even though he never has met me (or perhaps because he has not yet met me) he saw that the V8 that Ken and Joel were hauling for me was missing a few parts and he rustled them up from his stash sent them along for the ride to my place. THANKS!!!

I owe these three guys big!

It makes me smile to think that the stuff that made its way from the St. Louis area back to home to Indiana is from my old stomping ground (I'm a St. Louis metro transplant). I thought I had cornered that market years ago but it looks like I missed a few!

Thanks again guys, and if you find yourself out this way be sure to stop by.

Steve

btw Ken, that GT14 was already gone by the time I called! Swing and a miss...

kj4kicks

Sounds like everyone involved had a good time !

Ain't roadtrips fun ?

WheelHorse_of_course

:whistle: B)B)

B)

linen beige

The "Out of state rustlin'" aint complete 'til I get 'em ALL into Kentucky! :whistle:

Glad y'all had a good trip. B)

T-Mo

Joel,

I'm sorry I missed you and Ken. Timing was bad this time around. I'm glad you guys had a safe and productive trip and you got to meet a few members and non-members also. Funny about the Waterloo guy, he came across so talkative in the Craig's list ad. :whistle:

Too bad William couldn't complete that 603 project with his son. He did seem like a nice guy the few times I've talked to him on the phone. But it's good it worked out for Ken so that he could get that 603. Me, I will have my hands full with the 753 that I was able to entice up from Arkansas. So, Frank, one round hood left Missouri, but one sneaked back in to even it out. As for as the Illinois Wheel Horses, Tim should have kept a closer eye on that one in Waterloo. B)

catman81056

It was a pleasure meeting Joel and Ken. I could tell by the way they talked about the differences in certin models that they know WAY more about Wheel Horses than I could fathem. I think you'd have to say they are "deeply entrenched" with the Wheel Horse addiction, no hope for them what so ever B)

Steve, I'm just glad I could help another RS member out with those parts. Your more than welcome to them. Do you sell on eBay? I've seen a few auctions for WH stuff around West Lebanon.

Glad you fellas made it home OK, it surly was an enjoyable experience for all. :whistle:

wh500special

Tim, I really appreciate the parts! Thanks.

And the guys said you did a really nice job on your tiller and other fabrications for the tractors..i'd like to see that tiller one of these days and I wonder how well it would work on my super hard clay we have here.

Yep, I do sell on eBay once in a while, but haven't had any WH stuff on there for a while. Might be putting a tractor up again soon, but I need to do some tinkering on it first. In the meantime, perhaps I can interest you in a coffeemaker :whistle: (item 120296243597)or a couple of parts manuals for an Evinrude outboard (120296242337)? B)

No fun stuff though!

Steve

wh500special

I forgot to put the pictures up. I took more, but they were into the sun and didn't fare well...

Ken's 603 in his S10

DSC04498.jpg

Three verts on a heavily laden trailer (mine is on the back!)

DSC04499.jpg

T-Mo

Steve,

Those are excellent pictures. Heavily laden S10 is right, that's quite a load on that little truck. I wish I could have some rubber off that 603 for my 753. B)

combatmp29r

Thanks for addin the pics Steve. Ken and I both blew it and went on a long distance rustlin run with no camera B)

Terry, I was as shocked as you about the waterloo guy. He talked my ear off in email prior to pick up. Never gave us morew than a 3 word comment when we were there though. :whistle: Oh and I don't know what you mean loaded down. We could have gotten a couple more on the trailer if we stacked them B)B) B)

combatmp29r

Hey Steve I forgot to get the serial numbers off your Commando and the VH-80. If you don't mind couls you send them to me? Since the production numbers aren't known yet I'm trying to keep alittle track myself. I have 36 serials so far and counting B) Oh and serial #3 of the VH-80s is on the shelf in the shed :whistle: Now where is that #1 B)