Sign in to follow this  
bell

Well, I'm officially HOOKED...

TT

The "modifications" that you see are mostly factory. The 1045 model is a mix of the 1964 round hood rear half and the 1965 square hood/dash/tank tray and was built mid-year 1964. These were the first WH "small" garden tractors to feature a "big block" engine. They are easily identified, and since they are 1964's, they only ever had a serial number sticker. (no VIN tag)

The original front tires are unique to the 1045 and are close to impossible to find. (unless they are on a tractor.) Beyond the tires, it shouldn't be hard to get it back in shape again.

The K241AS designates a K series 24 cubic inch single-cylinder engine (10hp) with a special oil pan (A) and electric start (S) . (starter/generator in this case)

bell

The "modifications" that you see are mostly factory. The 1045 model is a mix of the 1964 round hood rear half and the 1965 square hood/dash/tank tray and was built mid-year 1964. These were the first WH "small" garden tractors to feature a "big block" engine. They are easily identified, and since they are 1964's, they only ever had a serial number sticker. (no VIN tag)

The original front tires are unique to the 1045 and are close to impossible to find. (unless they are on a tractor.) Beyond the tires, it shouldn't be hard to get it back in shape again.

The K241AS designates a K series 24 cubic inch single-cylinder engine (10hp) with a special oil pan (A) and electric start (S) . (starter/generator in this case)

Some good info there TT! Thanks!

I think I might just save this one... Or pass it on to somebody that can. (maybe trade it for a Suburban or RJ????)

I got to thinking about it last night and I need to save it. There are probably not even half of the original 1100 left.

bell

Here's some more pics of the 1045...

1045_002.jpg

1045_001.jpg

1045_009.jpg

1045_007.jpg

1045_008.jpg

1045_006.jpg

1045_005.jpg

1045_003.jpg

Kelly

it is ruff, but the parts to save it are out there, and TT is right on the tires, I have 3 fronts and one is ruff, near imposible to get, the other parts can be found from other tractors.

If you fix it let me know I maybe able to help with some of the parts you will need.

Where are you located?

bell

it is ruff, but the parts to save it are out there, and TT is right on the tires, I have 3 fronts and one is ruff, near imposible to get, the other parts can be found from other tractors.

If you fix it let me know I maybe able to help with some of the parts you will need.

Where are you located?

Right now, I have no idea what I'm gonna do with it... Maybe I'll stash it away and save it for a future project... Or, maybe I'll try to trade it for a B-series, C-series or something?? >>> hint hint... B)

I am in central Indiana.. about 1 hour south-west of Indianapolis...