Sign in to follow this  
Martin

red ones gone, went blue this time.

Martin

traded the red 99 sierra presidents day weekend on a new crew cab.

even though it was time, and keeping in mind the work that i needed to do on the old girl to travel to some of the further away shows this summer, it was still hard to let it go. and i sort of still have second thoughts every now and again......

BUT, i really love the new one, drives awesome, much better fuel economy, more comfortable too than the buckets in the red one that would be killing my back after anything more than an hour in them, but i see where 14 years of changes are not always all for the better. the sheet metal is getting so thin on these newer models, and everywhere you see where corners are being cut to save some $$$$........

gotta stop grumbling though, im really happy with it and I'm glad ive moved on. nice to have the extra room in the crew, since the last one was an extended.... this one should be a keeper for quite a while. need to find a trailer now to load up the horses for some show time later this summer.......

color has been growing on me, its the heritage blue color that has some real different shades of blue in there, at first in some different light i wasnt sure if id made the right color choice, just not sure about the 'purple' hints, but ive always been partial to blue when possible, so i took the plunge.

i still have red tractors though, that will never change.......

IMG_2125_zps26479a9a.jpg

142be373-5c30-4d40-b432-a0e12193cd22_zps

• Like 4

CasualObserver

That is a very sharp color!  I like it!  I'm driving an 02 Silverado extended that's Victory Red.  You are definitely right about the extra room in the 4 door!  Getting tired of the kids kicking the seat.  Got a few more years before I even think about trading it off.  Heck... I'm not even to 100K yet! (might hit that next year though!)

Terry M

Nice Truck Martin!!!, That Blue looks really Nice!!! And Good choice getting the supercrew :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright: .(or whatever GM calls it :teasing-poke: )    

dclarke

Nice truck, Martin. You're gonna like that!   :USA:

Martin

That is a very sharp color!  I like it!  I'm driving an 02 Silverado extended that's Victory Red.  You are definitely right about the extra room in the 4 door!  Getting tired of the kids kicking the seat.  Got a few more years before I even think about trading it off.  Heck... I'm not even to 100K yet! (might hit that next year though!)

sounds similar to my 99. that was victory red and extended too. just couldnt understand why the seats were so uncomfortable in that one, our 99 chevy suburban leather seats are still very comfortable (last of the 90's body style), like night and day compared to the new body for 99 sierra cloth.

just hated getting kicked by kids sitting in the back too!

red one had 198,000 when i traded it, our suburban which i kept around because its still a real nice vehicle , has 220 and change, still unopened engine, trans and all running gear.....

Nice Truck Martin!!!, That Blue looks really Nice!!! And Good choice getting the supercrew :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright: .(or whatever GM calls it :teasing-poke: )    

terry, there just called crew cabs. no fancy 'super' names or anything like that!!!!!

yeah denny, i like the look of the gmt 900's. i see you got a silverado a few months ago. how you liking it?

everyone i talk to mentions the blue is a real sharp color. just going to take some more time to get used to after having the red one, we all know how awesome red is, hey????

oh, they gave me extra on my trade because of that large  :wh: in the back window.... :handgestures-thumbup:  :handgestures-thumbup:  :handgestures-thumbup:

Edited by Martin

Jake Kuhn

Nice looking truck martin, I like the color!

You had me worried with the title. :ROTF:

• Like 2

Martin

Nice looking truck martin, I like the color!

You had me worried with the title. :ROTF:

yes, i see where that could be read like that, how terrible would that be....... :angry-cussingblack:

• Like 2

Vinylguy

Martin

I will take a picture of the trailer you need.

It has some red on it. Will take the picture tomorrow and post.

Having a great time. Have not found a tractor yet but several RS Brothers are on the hunt for me.

Hate pulling an empty trailer home.

Shuboxlover

That is a MIGHTY FINE truck there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

dclarke

yeah denny, i like the look of the gmt 900's. i see you got a silverado a few months ago. how you liking it?

Martin, I really like the one I have, a big improvement from my old S-10... Still waiting to get that first "ding" in it so I can quit worrying about that.

Edited by dclarke

Martin

well, I've already found some scratches in the paint, so I've got that part of it out the way, now dings, i don't require any 'starter' ones on this truck.....!

i really do feel like a kid with a new toy, this isn't my first new '0' miles vehicle, but its definitely the nicest, and most expensive one......

and its really getting looked after, i do believe its worth the effort to keep the maintenance up and keep it looking nice........

i think im driving my wife nuts though....

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Is that a '14 model Martin? 

Martin

its a 13 craig. i thought about waiting, but not many deals and rebates on the 14s whereas the 13s have more. plus they were running a nice memorial weekend deal on the 13s too....

i like the looks of the 14s, except for some minor stuff, but i always feel the end of a model run are the ones to get, even though its not the newest looking truck on the block.

14s are not real plentiful around this area yet, in fact, the dealers couldnt even find one for me to look at. but i had quite a few 13s to choose from......

Anglo Traction

Very smart beast Martin. I also have an affinity with Blue (but not on tractors)  and goes real nice with the shiny bits :drool:  :thumbs:  .

DeWayne

Nice looking rig. Looks like it's UK blue. Go Wildcats!!!

AMC RULES

Asked because I just rec'd the annual dealer propaganda featuring the 2014 model lineup...

boy howdy, those new Sierras certainly do look sweet.    :icecream: I'm sure they're crazy money though.    :scared-eek: 

Martin

yes they do look nice, but like you say crazy money is right there too....

if only they would drop all the bs rebates and all the other discount garbage and start the msrp out at some realistic figure. sure would make things simpler.

say the msrp is $47,000 and then you subtract all the individual discounts and rebates and you come up with something like $11,500 off, why not just start at around $35,500 to begin with?

• Like 1

hm12460

Nice looking truck! I probably buy one more new before I retire. My '08 F-150 now has 58,000 miles on it.