Sign in to follow this  
Curmudgeon

North Central Wheel Horse Events Club

Curmudgeon

Everyone exhibiting in the North Central Wheel Horse Events Club area at the Pioneer Power Show in Le Sueur, Minnesota will receive, at minimum, the following items:

display info sheet

plastic sheath for sheet

logo magnet (choice of shape, round or square)

club pen

keychain to first 10

Dale, secretary

Curmudgeon

Just a little reminder there is only a little less than 8 weeks until the NCWHEC has it's debut at the Pioneer Power Show

Hope to see some of you there!

If you are planning on going, let us know we so can have an idea on what to expect.

Thanks.

Teddy da Bear

Hey Dale!

If your going to Minnesota by way of the southern route.

Maybe you can bring that spayer by? Or am I :whistle: ?

HorseFixer

Wish I could make it! :whistle:

Duke

Curmudgeon

Hey Dale!

If your going to Minnesota by way of the southern route.

Maybe you can bring that spayer by? Or am I B) ?

Mike,

I haven't laid out an exact schedule yet, but I am going via the southern route. The big question is, will I have room as I'm already transporting a good amount of stuff. We'll try to work something out, but the problem is, I won't know if I can pile it all on until I try to pile it all on! LOL

Maybe we'll have to set up a second little meet and greet somewhere on a sunday.....

Dale

Teddy da Bear

Did I just hear Dale volenteer to host a meet & greet on a Sunday? B)

No worries Dale.... It will work out if it is meant to be. (the sprayer I mean...lol)

Curmudgeon

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll, I'm in a one-bedroom apartment with an 8'x9' patio.... but I'll see what I can do!

It wouldn't be near what Kelly has in mind, but I might be able to manage something at the house. If it meant me getting more of my stuff out of there, my ex might be willing to let me use the yard. LOL

Teddy da Bear

I was just kidding about you hosting an event.

You likely have enough on your plate as it is.

How big was that patio in your apartment? Could hold one or two tractors.....

Is that ground floor or ??? B)

I am worried that Kelly won't have enough room for what is coming his way.

I think he said he has a half acre. I hesitate to bring a trailer and horses if all do the same....we might turn it into a parking lot. And wonder what the lawn will look like when we leave?

Would love to come to that event your having in Minisota....but it is 530 some miles from me......whew! Maybe if we rode the scooters.....lol

Curmudgeon

Mike,

Ground level, but you'll have to hike your tractors up over the 5' tall privacy fence.

And Minnesota, gee, I'm over three hours out by the time I pass your neck of the woods enroute to the final destination!!!!!!!!!!!

mikewilliams68

This year at WMSTR they are featuring John Deere, (I know yuck right!) well they are going to have the only Gold John Deere they can find! And it is gold, it's an anniversary model and really neat looking.

Mike in N.D. B)

mikewilliams68

I was contacted by a guy from Misouri that had a dad die recently with a collection of 13 Wheel Horse tractors, some engines, some attachments including a sickle bar mower and a few of the 13 tractors are round hoods. He and his brothers are planning to rent a 40 ft. U-haul truck and bring them to our show at Lesuer, Minn.

B)

Mike up late working on show details.

Teddy da Bear

Not to steal your thunder Dale.....

Maybe the "Wheel Horse Fairy" will grant my wish and I can go to one this year!
Al....Portland would be close for you.

Maybe we should have an organized RedSquare presence at Portland this year as well as your club. We could set up side by side!

Curmudgeon

This club, in it's original incarnation, was formed by two guys from the north central United States, hence it's name. It's purpose was for a show to be held for the Wheel Horse enthusiasts who found Pennsylvania to be too much of drive. Being somewhat close to the Minnesota headquarters was a nice side benefit, mostly psychological if not in practice.

Now, in our second generation, the original purpose still holds true, while our means of getting there has changed somewhat.

Le Sueur was picked because of it's location and because they welcomed us with such open arms, even promoting us on their website. While in the process of seeking a place, we sought opinions, unfortunately, few came in until after we were committed, at least for this year.

Now it depends on how it pans out at Le Sueur, what the general consensus is of those who do come, what the Pioneer Power Show officials think of the people who show, as well as many other things.

Ultimately, our goal is our own show, but until a RELIABLE location is found, (you know, like the one in Pennsylvania has) in a location the most people are willing to drive to. Where that is, is for now, still up in the air.

We are open to any and all suggestions, input, and help. One thing I doubt, though I could be wrong, is for the location to keep jumping around the country being of benefit. The largest, single brand, garden tractor show has NEVER changed location, and I can't help but think that is part of it's success.

While I can see people wanting to associate themselves with this forum, I'm seeing, not only here, but other places as well, a lot of "us" and "them". What about a single, combined effort?

Just my ramblings.......................................

mikewilliams68

I just got an update from the Lesuer show folks and they are already offering us to be a permanent fixture at their show. They have done a lot to promote this showing of 'Horses and we are real greatful to them for that :whistle: . I am working real hard at getting ready for the show and am bringing as much as my 18 ft car hauler can carry! B)

CasualObserver

Bump... the show's only 2 weeks away!!!

:banana: :banana: :horseplay::horseplay: B)Party-Time.gif

jschahl moderator note: I've gone back and merged all the NCWHEC topics into this one.

Curmudgeon

We have a hat and t-shirt for approval. Look good to us! Come on out to Le Sueur and buy your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hat.jpg

tshirt.jpg

mikewilliams68

Well the time is getting short for this Show. I have been contacted by

quite a few people that will be coming and bringing tractors and other

related Wheel Horse stuff. There is going to be plenty of stuff for

sale and should be a pretty good turn out for our 1st show.Here is a

link to our group another to the Show website.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorthCentralWheelHorseEvents/

http://www.pioneerpowershow.com/

Hope to see you there!!!

Mike up late getting ready to show some 'Horses!

Teddy da Bear
And Minnesota, gee, I'm over three hours out by the time I pass your neck of the woods enroute to the final destination!!!!!!!!!!!
No worries Dale! Just roll the sprayer off the back of the trailer as you pass by! B)

mikewilliams68

I just had someone named Mike from Mo. write me and ask if you do need insurance on your tractors to ride at Lesuer ? The answer is yes you do. My Insurance co. added my RJ-58 and Charger 10 as Recreational vehicles on my home owners policy for 15.00 which in turn lowered my premium 30.00 so I came out ahead. They were happy to help me out and I'm sure yours will be to.

Hope to see 'ya at the Show! Mike President NCWHEC

Teddy da Bear

Dale can I have a free hat with the purchase of your sprayer and K-181 engine?

I heard it was a common practice to throw in a hat with a purchase at the wheel horse dealerships such as yours. B)

Curmudgeon

Dale can I have a free hat with the purchase of your sprayer and K-181 engine?

I heard it was a common practice to throw in a hat with a purchase at the wheel horse dealerships such as yours. :whistle:

Not a problem, I'll just "adjust" the price of the engine before I quote you a price! B)

I'm afraid the pickup is already FULL headed towards Minnesota though...... How about you slide on down to Mentone?

Teddy da Bear

I am planning on going to Mentone, but I will be full too.

Was hoping you could swing by and drop off before you get there.

Actually the difference for you going directly to Mentone and the small

detour to my place is only 10 miles or so.

Curmudgeon

We will have club t-shirts, sweatshirts, caps, coffee mugs, and mouse pads for sale at the show. For anyone who can't make it, but still might like to have one, here is the order form to get them directly from our supplier:

orderform1s.jpg

orderform2s.jpg

orderform3s.jpg

Nick

Did I miss a report on how the show went? :USA: Any pictures? :banghead: