Sign in to follow this  
Curmudgeon

North Central Wheel Horse Events Club

Curmudgeon

A few of us from the western, upper Mid-West are working on getting a club together. Our intent is to eventually have a show of our own, but for now, we're simply going to meet at other shows.

This year, it's going to be the Le Sueur County Pioneer Power Show August 22-25, 2008. http://www.pioneerpowershow.com/show.html

Basically, we plan to be there, show a few Wheel Horses and promote ourselves as an up and coming club. We'd love to see anyone from the midwest, or anywhere, who can be there, be there. We are in no way out to be anyone's competitor, rather, just trying to put something together for those people who find Pennsylvania a long drive.

For more information on the club, join our group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorthCentralWheelHorseEvents/

Dale

CasualObserver

Thanks for posting that Dale! :D I see according to the survey that nearly 50% of our members (who've taken the survey, anyway) are in the Midwest! Hope to see more of you there! :P

nylyon

I think that is a great idea Dale. Like Jason said, there are a lot of members of this site, and many others from the upper mid-west. Of course, it's even further for me, but great for most! :D

nylyon

I like it so much, maybe it would be worth while to do the same thing for New England / Mid-Atlantic states as well. Hartford, CT seems to be the right place since that's where most of the CT Wheel Horses are kept...

CHARGER9AUTO
I like it so much, maybe it would be worth while to do the same thing for New England / Mid-Atlantic states as well.

Curmudgeon

We did have a false start a few years, had one show of our own. Located in upper Minnesota. Not all that far from the Toro plant up there. But, well, let's just say things happened and we're trying again, one guy less, in a slightly different fashion.

Participation is what we need, people with ideas and a willingness to work for nothing even more! LOL

Dale

kj4kicks

Good luck to you on the club and show Dale. But since the PA show is in my back yard, you know how far I am from the midwest.

I'd gladly join the club, though. If nothing else, to show support, and kick a couple of bucks into the kitty.

Eldon.

Curmudgeon

Thanks Eldon, but like you say, you're not exactly our "targeted" audience. LOL Personally, I'm about as far from one as the other, looking at a 12-14 hour drive no matter which way I go. This year I'm wanting to go BOTH ways!!!!

Dale

Rollerman

Dale I was typeing to Mike W tonight about that show.

I wish I could make it....but that is about the same time as the Tri State Engine show in Portland,IN :D

Stephen in northern IN

Curmudgeon

Last night we had a conference chat about the club. As you may well know, we're planning on attending the Le Sueur County Pioneer Power Show in August. Having been in contact with them, and gotten their permission to promote ourselves, we felt a need to get a little more serious.

For now, we have an acting president, treasurer and secretary. We also discussed, and tabled, ideas for promotional pieces pending more research. We set up an email address for the club, ncwhec@yahoo.com. We plan to use this as the promotional contact information as it's a lot less involved than the URL's of our forums. Anyone sending an email to it will get an automated response with further, and more detailed contact information.

For now, we're still pretty basic and simple, but hopefully will be a club on the grow!

Dale

Curmudgeon

We have settled on an official North Central Wheel Horse Events Club logo.

NCWHEVNTCLUBLOGOSQUAREWITHBLACKBORD.jpg

Thank you Jason for your hard work and research in finalizing it's appearance.

We also have a round version.

Dale

Curmudgeon

NORTHCENTRALROUNDLOGOCREMEBORDERBLA.jpg

For those curious among you.

Dale

CasualObserver

Thanks for posting it Dale,

And a BIG THANKS to guess who.... you got it! Terry! (VinylGuy52)

nylyon

That is a great looking logo and will look great on a banner as well! I'm very impressed with Terry, and when my C-120 work begins again will be ordering up a set of decals, but have to replenish after the Christmas spending first. :D

Curmudgeon

LOL, Karl, I had a banner made several years ago, the logo is based on the banner.

Dale

nylyon

Well then Dale, you did a great job on the banner, I like it!

Curmudgeon

Thanks, here it is if you'd like to see it, and even if you don't, it's still here

Banner.jpg

Dale

nylyon

Dale, Mike, Jason.... That is so neat, I can see it now:

2009 Show Feature:

North Central Wheel Horse Events Club.

Great job, sorry I won't be able to make it his year.

BPjunk

Dale,

I have not forgoten the favor you and Lyle did for me sending a copy of a manual so when Mike called the other day and wanted a copy of some by laws for your club ..... I said "Sure!".

I hope to get them printed up tomorrow.

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Curmudgeon

Uhhh, ok, thanks. What manual was that? Oh, never mind.... LOL

THANKS for bylaws!

Dale

mikewilliams68

Hey all, I finally got to come in here. I am so busy I don't do to much posting. I was working on my RJ for the show today and tearing down a K-181 for rebuild. I am really looking forward to the Lesuer show and hope to see some of you folks there. I am planning to make the Portland show in May also.

Mike :thumbs:

illinilefttackle

Hey Guys-With the price of gas now a days, I'm not sure I could make any of them-but does anyone have a schedule of these shows-you know-where,when, cost to get in,etc? Thanks-Al

Maybe the "Wheel Horse Fairy" will grant my wish and I can go to one this year! :thumbs:

CasualObserver

Al, all I can offer for help is this.

Farm Collector Online Show listings (hey Karl, maybe good for the links section?)

Curmudgeon

The North Central Wheel Horse Events Club will be in attendance at the Le Sueur Pioneer Power Show in Le Sueur, Mn. on August 22 - 24, 2008.

Check us out on their website at http://www.pioneerpowershow.com/wheelhorse.htm

Dale, secretary, North Central Wheel Horse Events Club