Sign in to follow this  
bell

Swapping the 10HP kohler for a 12HP kohler

bell

I have a 12HP kohler on a Cub Cadet 124 (1967-ish) That I bought... (I still need to go pick it up)...

I was wondering if anybody had an idea if I could use the 12HP to replace the 10HP on my 1975 B-100?

I should be able to tell by looking/ measuring, but the cub is 100 miles away and I don't have time to go pick it up yet... Thanks, Jon

BairleaFarm

I think the blocks are the same size so it should fit. I put a 10hp on a 73 4speed so you should have to room as far as other parts are concerened.

big mike

Jon,the Cub uses a narrow pan(no ears) and is not flat like the W/H(has a sump on one end) and would require drilling holes or making an adapter plate.You would also want to use your W/H bracketry as the starter generator from the Cub runs off the PTO end of the crank.

bell

Jon,the Cub uses a narrow pan(no ears) and is not flat like the W/H(has a sump on one end) and would require drilling holes or making an adapter plate.You would also want to use your W/H bracketry as the starter generator from the Cub runs off the PTO end of the crank.

That sounds do-able... I've read that the pans will interchange from the 10-12 hp... So, Hopefully, the crankshafts are the same...

big mike

Jon,you'll have to use the Cub pan.The W/H block has flanges on the ends for the pan,the Cub does not have the flanges and bolts up through pan and into blind holes in the block.

TT

The CC engine most likely has a one inch crankshaft. (WH should be 1 1/8")

The blocks are different too. The CC block has a small oil pan and no ears to mount the large WH style oil pan.

I recommend scratching the idea. B)

bell

The CC engine most likely has a one inch crankshaft. (WH should be 1 1/8")

The blocks are different too. The CC block has a small oil pan and no ears to mount the large WH style oil pan.

I recommend scratching the idea. B)

Probably a good idea... I could probably get some decent $ out of the cub anyhow... It's pretty complete and in pretty good shape... Just the wrong color.. lol :whistle:

big mike

Nahhhh.....it's juuuust right B)