Sign in to follow this  
Lane Ranger

Square Seat Pan Lift Project

Lane Ranger

This project uses steel tubing to lift the square Wheel Horse seat pan off of the fenders 1 1/2 inch and gives that additional legroom from the seat to the footpegs on your tractor.

Materials used:

One 2 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch rectangular steel tubing piece 4 to 4 1/2 inches long (I bought mine at TSC Farm Store)

Two carriage bolts 2 1/2 inches long - one 3/8th and one 9 /16th

Two Lock Washers

Two nuts for bolts

Two 1 1/2 inch round steel tubing spacers to place between carriage bolts in between tubing top and bottom

One large washer to clear square portion of 9.16th carriage bolt and placed on top side of tubing just underneath seat pan in middle hole when installed.

Mark your tubing holes and center punch to drill  two pilot holes thru the tubing.    Use a drill press for the best possible alignment and drilling.  Use a 9/16th drill bit for the two final holes needed to allow clearance for carriage bolts.

Use the big washer on the underneath of the seat pan and on top of the rectangular tubing for the middle hole in the seat (the 9/16th bolt) so the square underside of the bolt rides above the round hole you drilled.   The 3/8th carriage bolt goes in the front -round hole on the seat pan and will clean both holes and does not need a big washer underneath.

Use lock washers and nuts (flange, nylock or regular ) for each of the carriage bolts.

This works out nice and projects your fenders finish from possible scratches from the seat pan riding down on the fenders.

I want to thank Roger Parmley, a Wheel Horse collector,  of Greencastle for this idea!

post-339-0-86983300-1370949748_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-53912800-1370949771_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-25822500-1370949857_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-45527400-1370949792_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-23955600-1370949812_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-63328900-1370949670_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-56317200-1370949700_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

You should put those into a kit form Lane.  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

squonk

I did the same thing but just used a single hole on my 704. I don 't feel like a circus bear on a tricycle anymore.

SousaKerry

now if I could figure out a way to keep my belly from rubbing on the steering wheel....

and a convenient way to get my leg over said steering wheel. :hide:

Edited by SousaKerry

Lane Ranger

As my friend Hank Barta said you can paint these up too if you want to match the WH Red or the seat color.    Clean the rectangular tubing with acetone to remove the TSC oil and grease on the tubing and prime and paint.    Also these do not show much from the back side of the tractor. 

JUSS10

I've done this with mine as well. works great!

can whlvr

its nice to have more leg room,makes a nicer ride for me

rmaynard

Here is the way that I lifted my seat pan.

That is an old bumper jack base, turned up-side-down. Has a 1/2" hole drilled through the center, and I drilled another to line up with the other hole in the spring.

Works for me. Gives me an increase of a little more than an 1".

post-2221-0-93114400-1371256805_thumb.jp