Sign in to follow this  
1 Red Mike

60" deck spindle wanted

1 Red Mike

My center spindle on my 1994 520h 60" deck has stopped working. Pulley just spins. Looks like the shaft is the problem. Will not tighten down. Bought new baring's did not help. Does anyone have or know where to get a new shaft or whole assembly. Is there a fix for this with washers or a shim? Thank you all for the help.      

gwest_ca

The bolt top and bottom is 5/8"-11 x 2" so it must require some serious torque. One of the operator manuals states the bolt torque is 102-170 ft. lbs. for the mower blade so the top should require the same torque. There are spacers between the bearings and the top bearing and the pulley so that should hold the pulley in position. Tighten it up. 

Did find a typo in the parts lists - the spindle assembly is 111013 - not 1111013.

The 908088 bolt is the same as # 327-6.

Can you describe the 114810 special washer under the pulley bolt?

Garry

1 Red Mike

So the spacer must be missing. I have dropped an elephant on the nut and it just bottoms out. Pulley will not tighten up. Will need to look up the full parts list for this. Spacer must have broke and full off. Has been raining for days here so its a good work inside day. Just looked at it for about 20min put is aside and have 48" deck on now. Will post more as I find.   

1 Red Mike

Ordered part will be in Friday. Will let all know if it fixes the problem.