Sign in to follow this  
.5racer

D series brake question

.5racer

I just bought a split brake system for my D-160 and the brakes are all the way to the metal ! Doing some resurch and figureing came up with a plan to machine new ones out of auto pads from a auto set . Would this be something others would need allso and if so how many and at what price could I charge .The brand would be Wearever , Silver semi-metallic asbestos- free type . Roughly 30 thou mile type , enough for the next 25-30 years I would guess. My next question would be how would you market such a thing if there is a demand ?

AMERICAN MACHINED PARTS !!!! WOOO HOOO !!!

LOL

Jim_M

Terry,

I'm sure you could sell some. You could list them in the classifieds here on this site and also on eBay.

Jim

BairleaFarm

If you can make them and sell them for less than what can be paid at the dealer then they will sell. Once you get some in the working enviroment and people find out how good they are new will spread and you can either charge more or continue to sell them for your current price.

.5racer

Whats a dealers price now if they have a set ?

ol550

Parts Tree shows then at 60.27 each. :whistle: I believe they could be fabricated but the finished thickness may be a possible but cureable problem. B)