Sign in to follow this  
Jake Kuhn

case 442

Jake Kuhn

Hi all,

My dad purchased another tractor yesterday. Its a case 442, I'm not sure of the year yet. Its in pretty decent shape, I think it has been repainted at somepoint though, as I spotted some runs in the paint. It runs good with no smoke, but I need to put new bearings in the starter generator. I will need a seat for it, but think i might know were I can get one, It has the original seat pan. Well anyway, here is a link to pictures, I'm not having luck posting them for some reason right now. I'll try posting them again tomorrow.

http://s1229.photobucket.com/user/jakekuhn/library/case%20442?sort=3&page=1

• Like 1

posifour11

I like that a lot. Looks tough!

horsesaver98

They look kind of like a 1054 and gt 14

AMC RULES

Especially if you repaint it :wh: red.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

decksetter

Not bad tractors, my brother had a 444 for a short time, looks pretty similar (maybe same except engine?).  The hydro in it was interesting, it felt like an automatic that had set speeds more than a variable hydro.  Also, rear tires are HUGE on these things!

546cowboy

Those Case tractor were hydro drive and are strong enough to pick the tractor up when hold the deck lift lever down with the deck on it. I have only had one and it was a 224. Really neglected when I got it had three flat tires and had been sitting outside in the weather for some time. I got it running and it didn't smoke but after I changed the oil in it, it started smoking pretty bad.

SousaKerry

I've always wanted to find one of those and put the tires and front axle onto a Wheel Horse

sned

Jake when you copy the link to share pics in a forum you want to copy and paste the link that starts with "img". I have a case and the thing must do 15mph in high gear. Scary fast.