Sign in to follow this  
Tonyp

310-8 restoration #3 done...

Tonyp

I'm at the end of the road..over the next couple of weeks I will pull the wheels again and repaint them and do some cosmetic work to the mower deck ,it is fully cleaned, lubricated etc...rust holes are repaired, it still needs two new side wheels....other than that it's time to cut grass !

Over the past week or two I repainted the hood and rear fender assy and some black here and there...

We are very pleased, the 25 year old 310-8 runs great  and now looks pretty darn good ! 

I learned a ton here from several members in my two earlier  threads...

many thanks ! 

back then

post-10171-0-06270400-1368292862.jpg

now

post-10171-0-11484600-1369564744_thumb.j

• Like 2

Sparky

Looking great!

I always find it hard to comprehend why someone who paid anywhere from $4000-$5500 for the 300 and 400 series machines when they were new, just drive em into the ground with out a care :scratchead:.

Luckily that machine was found by you and got the respect it deserves!

Mike.............

Wishin4a416

Looks Great!!! I have one to do myself soon. Hope it looks as good as yours.

Tonyp

Sparky..I bought the 310-8 new in 87..I am thinking it was around $1800 maybe $2000 but not more......We used this machine for easily 15 years non stop then for the last 10 or so it was only used now and then for  yard work..not grass..I moved it outside around the same time under cover.

I was never really quite happy that it was outside but none the less..it was..I allowed it to sit under the cover for 6 months untouched ,  as you can see it was really in need of a bath and more.......I did use it a few times each year even in it's previous condition..it did always have fresh oil and filters etc....

Now it's back inside where it belongs and my wife is back cutting the grass again !  What a life !

AMC RULES

Nicely saved.   :icecream: 

KC9KAS

Looks very nice...Good job!

welderman85

great work