Sign in to follow this  
bo dawg

Needing deck spindle housing

bo dawg

I need to replace one of my housings due to corrosion, PN 106063. For the 3/4" key slotted style spindle. Anyone got a spare?

Thanx

Don1977

The housing is the same on the metric spindles just most everything  else is different. You can run the 3/4" keyed and the metric spindles on the same deck.

bo dawg

The housing is the same on the metric spindles just most everything  else is different. You can run the 3/4" keyed and the metric spindles on the same deck.

So you're saying the housings are the same for either style spindle? The 3/4 has the seal cap and spacer seal that go's with the bearing where the other style does not.

Don1977

I have two 3/4" keyed housing on my deck now with metric spindles in them.  I can't say they are not different in some way, but they work with the metric spindles. The spacer sleeve on the 3/4" could be shorter to allow room for the top seal. The metric only uses an O-ring.  There may not be room for the seal haven't tried a metric housing with the 3/4" spindle.

groundhog47

A member here stevo4g has nos spindle assy's if you don't find a good used one, and I kinda ditto don, I went backwards from metric to standard 3/4, course they may have been gutted before, just had to add the seal up top and the bearing spacer is shorter and of course 3/4" bore. Believe main diff in metric is bearing bottom out depth over seal required housing, haven't put mine to use yet need 1 more part.

If you get a complete assy I'd be interested in the bottom bearing spacer.

• Like 1