Sign in to follow this  
Teamreddog

Electro 12 automatic linkage or transmision

Teamreddog

The stiffness on the brake and the lever to engage the transmission is gone. It will engage and drive properly at high rpms nut not at low. It is sloppy it doesn't have any tension to it. Just almost flops back and forth Not sure what happened anyone ever experience this?

Teamreddog

I wonder if a loose belt would cause that?

TT

Did you take the drive belt guard off and look?

Maybe there's something broken or unhooked.

Teamreddog

I have not yet I will tonight when I get home from work. It happend at dark last night I just replaced my mower deck belt and started mowing put my foot on the brake it went to center and then was all loose. I did look in the linkage in the center councel and that looked og but its wierd it just became loose and sloppy. Thought maybe someone had that happen before

Teamreddog

OK here is what I think I have found. I have to tear the cover off the gear shift area to be sure. but on the lower left side of the "gear box" is a nut that has a flat piece of metal bolted to it. This piece appears to have a rod going threw it. It has cracked in half. I saw a pic of one online and it looks like it might be more of a cup that acts kind of like a friction bearing. I know I am not describing it well but it is the only thing I can easily see is broken.

Kelly

I just tore apart a C-120 auto if you need parts, and if they are the same.

Teamreddog

kelly i will probably have to get eith you I went and looked it up...10 dollar part that cant be ordered anymore