Sign in to follow this  
chazm

Wheel Weight Bolts

chazm

I'm going to install rear wheel weights on the 314, but don't have the carriage bolts. So I did a search ,but couldn't find any info on bolt size.

Need help with dia. & length. I'm guess ta" mating 1/2 dia x 5-6 in long.

Thanks, Chasm :flags-waveusa:

Sparky

The diameter is fine at 1/2" but length is determined by the rim depth and the type of wheel weight. The cast weights fit inside and somewhat flush with the bead while the plastic weights stick out past the bead a good 1-1/2" or more.

Your gonna have to "dry fit" the weights, maybe have someone hold them in place, and then do some measuring. If your alone take the rear tire/rim off and lay it flat with the weight in it and measure the length.

Mike............

chazm

Thanks for info Mike.... :handgestures-thumbupright:

Chasm  :flags-waveusa:

GlenPettit

There are many different styles of rear weights.  Put your weight on to check actual length you need on the wheel, you'll probably want to use a nylon Lock Nut and a washer to keep it on, so allow for that, 1/2" diameter Bolt is smart.  I like to have the nut on the inside of the wheel so it doesn't show and your bolt can be 'too long' (it's easier to install if longer, for me), but the square opening on the wheel is for the head of the carriage bolt, but that puts the nut and extra threads on the outside of the weight, to catch on things.

Good Luck,

dsholler

There is plenty of clearance on the insides of the wheels.. I just guestimated and grabbed some from the hardware store..work fine.