Sign in to follow this  
traktorkidd7/30/93

Cub Cadet 104

traktorkidd7/30/93

I am possibly getting a Cub Cadet 104 tonight w/deck and plow for $250

and if i want it with wheel weights thats an extra $100 but who needs weights when you already have them(i got 75 pounders)

Any suggestions? Anything that you recoomend to look for when i go to see it?

rocking 416

B) in my opinion that is a stiff price ive seen 108 for 200$ here in v.a an it took the guy months to sell it .. but i would look for rust inspect tires, WIRE"S!! . an listen to the engine run at full thorttle an low thorttle make sure it idles nice. an thottles up smooth with out any miss's . an look for orignal covers ,will i cutt off by the key ect anything you can say HEY THIS ISNT RITE chisel the price down some :whistle:

big mike

250.00 isnt a steal but if it is in good shape or has some options that's a fair price.Check for smoke or knock in the motor,check the little spring behind the clutch(teaser spring),sheetmetal....is it beat up,is the hood brace intact.It should have plastic coated wire as opposed to cloth covered but check the harness any how.Does it have the original seat and what shape is it in,how are the tires.It is a narrow frame,it WILL have slop in the steering but how bad and is it the spirol pin in the left spindle or is it something else.Now the goodys,does it have a three point,spring assist or headlights,hydraulic lift?If it is a nice tractor and something you want see if he'll deal,if your on the fence shoot him an offer and see what happens.The price on the wheel weights is market price if they are cast iron IH weights,see if he'll throw in the weights for the 250.00.

Kelly

I bought a 104 a few months ago, with a bad motor, over all it's in good shape, has headlights and the rear lift, orig. rubber seat, fair to good deck, rebuilt gen. ect.... I paid $100, and if I can't sell it whole, it will get parted on flebay.

Like Mike said if you really want it ask to throw the weight's in on the deal, even if you don't need them you could sell them, to get back some of your money.