Sign in to follow this  
MaineDad

Bruins Epic 3rd Period Comeback

MaineDad

Not sure how many of you are hockey fans, but last night's Bruin's comeback was history making. No team in NHL playoff history has ever comeback from a 3 goal deficit in the 3rd period and won the game - until last night! Absolutely the best playoff hockey game I have ever seen. Nothing beats playoff hockey...

• Like 2

stevasaurus

That will not happen against the Blackhawks...if the Bruins make it that far... :ychain: :ychain: :) :)  You are right about playoff hockey. :woohoo:

stevasaurus

Looks like the Bruins and the Blackhawks both made it that far.  The last time these 2 teams played a play off game against each other was like 1977.  They had quite the rivalry going back when there were only 6 pro teams in the league.  Congratulations to both teams to get here.  I am looking forward to the playoffs for the Stanley Cup. :)   Looks like they could end the season while the Big Show is going on. :woohoo:

squonk

Not sure about Chi- Town but what a crazy sports town Boston is. Went to see the Celtics in The Garden. Next day we toured the city. My wife was looking for a bathroom. We ended up at The Garden again. We were told the only Public bathrooms were up in the Garden. What kind of a train station doesn't have bathrooms we climbed the ramp and here comes 10,000 wrestling fans down the ramp! We had to fight through them to get to the bathroom. I'm waiting for my wife and security asks me to leave because the Bruins are playing in an hour. I told him I'm not buying hockey tickets to use the bathroom!!

stevasaurus

Mike, I think that the cities that have all the pro teams there are pretty much the same.  When you have pro football, basketball, hockey, baseball (2) teams in Chicago (if you count the Cubs) and they are competitive if not successful...the fans will be there.  Dang...watch out Chicago if the Cubs ever get to the World Series...especially if it is against the White Sox. :)

squonk

Shirt sold after the Cubs beat the Sox! :)

images-11_zps6c9c34e9.jpg

stevasaurus

Don't tell me there is no Bruins fans out there. :eusa-think::bow-blue:

MaineDad

Huge fan here! When I was a kid my dad used to drive me all the way down to Boston for their annual fan dinner. I got to meet some of the old time Bruins like Bobbie Orr and Phil Esposito! It was a long stretch between those 5 Stanley Cup trips in the 70's to their 2011 Stanley Cup. It is a great time to be a long time Boston fan in all sports :)

stevasaurus

That's really cool Micah.  I was stationed in Winter Harbor, Maine from 1970-1974.  We had some great games and I still have some of my Navy friends that live in the Boston area.  I imagine they and I will be talking soon. :)   I used to go to the Blackhawks games...there is no National Anthem like the one for the Hawks.  The energy with that just knocks you out.  Bobby Hull still goes to the games, he sits about 10 rows down from my buddy's season tickets.  It should be a great series Micah...starts tomorrow. :woohoo:   I miss the original 6 team concept, but at least there still is no hockey in Indiana. :bow-blue::ychain: :ychain:

546cowboy

Hey I resent that remark! Of course I am just barely in Indiana. It's going to be a knock down drag out fight starting tomorrow night and my money is on the BLACKHAWKS~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

squonk

Hockey fans are an odd lot. I remember going to a Sabres game with my brother about 30 yrs ago. We took the Metro line down to the Aud. Sabres lost inlike the last 5 min. of the game. We get on the train and an old lady about 85 gets on with her purse and umbrella and SHE IS PISSED!! She's swinging that umbrella around cursing the Sabres coach something fierce. nothing like seeing Hockey live. corner seats are the best! :bow-blue:

• Like 1

JamesBe1

Musta been a hellava third period!

Did they pull thier goalie?  I very risky move.

stevasaurus

Well, the first game ends up the 5th longest playoff game ever.  The game went almost 5 hours of cold steel on ice. :)   Both teams looked great, I think the Hawks were lucky to get this one.  If it would have been still tied after 3 OTs, I think I would have given each team a win and play game 3 on Saturday. :bow-blue:   WOW, this is going to be a Brutal Series.

MaineDad

Phew - what a night. Blowing a two goal lead in the 3rd period then losing at 1am in triple overtime! These two teams are evenly matched and it should be a great series. I wish they would start these games at 7pm instead :)

• Like 1

squonk

Phew - what a night. Blowing a two goal lead in the 3rd period then losing at 1am in triple overtime! These two teams are evenly matched and it should be a great series. I wish they would start these games at 7pm instead :)

NA!! Then the people in Calif. would have to watch the game during dinner! SARCASM ALERT!!

Amanda

YAY BRUINS  :greetings-clappingyellow:

stevasaurus

Micah, if you were in this time zone...you would have your wish. :)   The Saturday game is scheduled to start at 7:00 Central.  Come on over...I think I need more popcorn on hand with these 5 hour games.  You will gain an hour flying into O'Hare...20 minutes from my home..give it some thought.  I will be out that way Wednesday through the weekend...next week...you going to the show??  We both know this is going to last longer then 4 games. :bow-blue:   Heck...they played 2 games last night.

Amanda...you are rooting for the wrong team...Get the puck in the net...aye!!! :)

Edited by stevasaurus

stevasaurus

Micah...series is tied at 1-1...I would not have expected any thing less.  We are looking at the making of one of the best (all time) STANLEY CUPS...can't believe I will be watching the end while I am in Penn at the show.  Wish you were there. :)

BTW...they showed Tony Esposito and some other of the main stays at a luncheon before the game...some names that I have not heard of in a long time...Belford...Magnesun...Makita...etc.  They are coming out of the woodwork for this series .  So far it is living up to all of it's expectations.

GO HAWKS. :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

MaineDad

It's a great series to watch. Even my wife and kids are watching some with me :)

Seeing all of the old timers has been great too. These guys deserve some spotlight since they helped build the league and got paid so much less than their modern day counterparts.

Have fun at the show. Maybe next year I can get a group to make the drive down there...

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Dang...not good being down to the Bruins...Hawks need game 4. :)

stevasaurus

Micah...I don't know what to say...I thought for sure it would be game 7 in Chicago...2 goals in 17 seconds with 1 minute plus to play...I still don't think that that finish happened.  I know they are stunned in New England...believe me...we are stunned in Chicago also.  WOW

I just got back from the big show today...I was ragged out from all the driving...it was looking like another 2 or 3 overtimes for this game...no way I was going to tape it. :bow-blue:  I was up for the count.  I really believe that if these 2 teams played the best out of 101 games...it would have gone to that 101st game.