Sign in to follow this  
JimD

Barbecue anyone?

JimD

How will you be doing your summer grilling this year? I'm with this guy... :thumbs2:Waving.gif :music-rockout:

post-636-0-31938100-1368369926_thumb.jpg

Show us your grilling operation. I need to get a pic of mine. :)

• Like 1

KC9KAS

tumblr_mm2txbDHVp1s90za6o1_250.jpg

stevasaurus

It will be hard to play "Top This" with that setup. :)   Doing a couple slabs of pork back ribs today. :woohoo:

• Like 1

roscoemi

I can't compete with that, but here's mine:

post-6649-0-85207900-1368381336_thumb.jp

post-6649-0-89798500-1368381377.jpg

• Like 1

JimD

You could easily cook a pig in that bad boy. Nice! Mine is just a charcoal smoker style, but I love it. :)

Edited by JimD

squonk

All I got is a rickety Char-Broil Wally World special. Wheels are bent, grease catcher missing, igniters shot and some rot holes. I do have a funny cook out story of sorts. Went to a Buffalo Bills game a few years back. The Greatest team in the NFL was there, The Packers of course. My brother was in the R.V. section and we met him there. We saw flames about 15 ft high and I thought an RV was on fire. Went to look and a guy parked along the guardrail and had a custom grille. 2 55 gal drums cut in half and welded end to end. he had a bent metal flap on 1 side that clipped right on the guard rail. My brother said he gets there and camps on Thursday just to get his spot. Grille was full of ribs. Oh and Steve, the Bears played there later in the year and the Bills beat them in OT!! :ychain: :ychain:

Another time we went and the *Loyal Order of the Racoons" were there and they were getting plastered. Some got thrown out of the game. They parked near us and had an old flat nosed bread truck converted into a party rig. 1 guy passed out on the  roof. They were cooking burgers on an old school charcoal tripod grille out of the 60's at the back end of the truck. 1 of there guys climbed up the front and pushed the guy on top passed out. It was like he was on ice. He slid off the end and landed right on that grille. Burgers and dogs everywhere! :)

roscoemi

Yup, it was designed for pigs. The wife got me a small vertical charcoal smoker years ago, that I out grew. Built one out of a 55 gal drum on it's side with a side firebox. I got volentold into a pig roast a few years ago and my buddy Jon and I built this unit. Chopped a 275 gal fuel oil barrel and welded it to my snowmobile trailer, the secret is the 55 gal drum cut and lengthened that is under the grate to be a grease trap and a heat shield alowing it to cook convection style. Fire it up and get coals, pack the fire with oak, put on the pig and walk away. After 3.5 hours dump a couple beers in the gut cavity, add wood and forget for another 3 hours. Pull it off and try not to burn your hands scooping meat into pans, no knives needed. :banana-tux:  And it will still haul a couple horses or 4 wheelers. :handgestures-thumbupright:

perry

mine is the old charcol webber.

weber-charcoal-grill-cooking.jpg