Sign in to follow this  
rustyoldjunk

a few bad pics of the 1257 i just hauled home

rustyoldjunk

i think the ignition switch is bad but i did get it to run.the carb will have to be gone through or replaced,the throttle shaft area is worn pretty bad,the fuel pump aint uh pumpin' and i had to throw a stater generator belt on it to replace the shredded one on it.i have thrown on a set of rears that hold air and will have to change one front to make it a roller.interestingly i noticed the 1257 decal is added after the wheel horse decal over the top of it and it appears the 1257 decal is under the wheel horse decal on the left side.you can see the outline under the wheel horse decal.it has the wrong gas tank and someone done a little custom wiring.on a cool note someone made a very nice homemade heavyduty muffler for it.sorry about the bad pictures.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1218514601.jpg

rustyoldjunk

this thing had been hiding in weeds and brush for years.

post-3-1218514698.jpg

rustyoldjunk

another

post-3-1218514787.jpg

rustyoldjunk

another one

post-3-1218514894.jpg

rustyoldjunk

here is the homemade muffler.

post-3-1218514978.jpg

rustyoldjunk

and last but the main reason i went ahead and bought this tractor.it had one of these on each rear wheel.

post-3-1218515194.jpg

BairleaFarm

Its sure is rusty but looks somewhat complete.

rustyoldjunk

its complete except for the seat David,its about the shape your your 73 8hp 4 speed was when you bought it from me.it its very straight,just no paint lol.even the headlight delete panel is in pretty good shape and the engine sounds to be healthy.it will need cables and a front front tire.i i am going to use another wheel horse branded tire i have on it.i have the cables hanging,i will just pick out which i need.(i love having most parts i need either shelved or stored around here somewhere).i think im going to use some c series seat springs on it.....a little paint might not hurt either,i guess B)

perry

rough lookin bugger aint it :whistle: . allways makes ya feel good to hear them run B) ... :horseplay:

T-Mo

Rustyoldjunk,

That one almost defines your moniker. :whistle: But, it is complete and a little sanding and a little red paint will go a long way. B)

big mike

And then sombody spys the Yellow and White roundy fender tractor in the background B)

rustyoldjunk

now big mike,no one was suppose to spy the spy the yellow and white CC 70 :whistle:B) .as for the rusty condition of this ole horse,i enjoy dragging in tractors in this condition that people have left for junk or scrap and bringing them back to running using condition.that actually is how i got my monicker several years ago.i used to do cars and trucks but then somehow i got hooked on little tractors and its like an addiction. B) at this point if i know i can make money on the price of a tractor if i decide to i will pretty much drag it in. B) this one is no exception.not that i want to sell everyone i bring in (although i do most,its hard to keep up with more then four at a time).i do have a couple of questions,were they building the 6 speed trans in '67? was it availible on the 1257?

catman81056

Yes, 1967 was the first year the 2 spd tranny was available.

TT

i do have a couple of questions,were they building the 6 speed trans in '67? was it availible on the 1257?

They were only available in the 1967 867/1067/1267. That's what the "6" in the model number represents.

The 857/1057/1257 models were all 3 speeds - no exceptions.

big mike

Well if that roundy fendered thing gets too much in the way maybe I can remedy that B)

It looks like you have a good project!It is a lot of fun to take on something that someone else has thrown the towel in on and when you take the first parade lap it makes you feel very accomplished.

bo dawg

I think we would all be interested in some pictures as you go through it and after you get her back on her feet...I mean wheels. B)