Sign in to follow this  
starcraft150

RM 59 Woods Finish Mower

starcraft150

I have a Wheel Horse RM59 Woods finish mower that is giving me quite a bit of frustration

I have the manual but can not get the &^%$#)(** thing adjusted to cut level

Has anyone else every delt with these.  A phone call would be great if you have !!!!

My name is Rob and # is 860 460 8929

Thanks

chrisd200(inactive)

We just had one in the shop about 2 weeks ago to install a new belt but we never tried setting it up on a tractor to actually mow with it. I'll try to reach the customer and ask him what he does to set it up and how well it cuts.

starcraft150

Thanks...greatly appreciated !!!!

B-100 Dan

Hi Starcraft 150,  Is this a three point mower deck, and does it sit on four caster wheels?  I run a 72" Woods finish mower on 3 point on my main mowing tractor, and it's easy to sit up.  It sits on 4 wheels, sits or floats, which ever you want to call it.  If it sits on just 2 caster wheels and three point arms, then you'll need to level the lift arms also.  Good Luck.

Dan

gwest_ca

Wheel Horse manuals for 60" rear discharge mower

Garry

pfrederi

Rob do you have the two chains that go from the front of the deck to the Tractor frame?  You adjust them so that when the 3 pt is down the front of the mower deck is slightly lower than the rear .  ( I use a level to check).  Side to side you need to check the 3 pt.and the caster wheels.

Also look under the deck are the blade tips all the same distance from the ground? (some one may have added or deleted a washer or a blade is bent.

• Like 1

chrisd200(inactive)

Rob do you have the two chains that go from the front of the deck to the Tractor frame?  You adjust them so that when the 3 pt is down the front of the mower deck is slightly lower than the rear .  ( I use a level to check).  Side to side you need to check the 3 pt.and the caster wheels.

Also look under the deck are the blade tips all the same distance from the ground? (some one may have added or deleted a washer or a blade is bent.

This is the correct way to level it up, Should get you close

chrisd200(inactive)

We just had one in the shop about 2 weeks ago to install a new belt but we never tried setting it up on a tractor to actually mow with it. I'll try to reach the customer and ask him what he does to set it up and how well it cuts.

Sorry, wasn't able to make contact with the guy who's mower we worked on a few weeks back!

starcraft150

Thank you everyone for your help !!!!!!!!  Mower is adjusted and cutting Fine....