Sign in to follow this  
CHUB

520 still no power

CHUB

I posted earlier last week with my 520 have nothing when turning on the key. I received a response to check the ignition (thank you puddlejumper). All checked well on the plug side and the key switch side. beginning to get frustrated, busy week did not get back to it until today. In talking to a local dealer whom I have confidence in on Friday, he suggests checking the automotive style plugs used as they can also fail. Checked them out they check good. While staring at the situation, I noticed a something below the battery that looked like a heat sink. This (thing) has a black wire, a black and grey wire and a red wire in the middle all plugged in. The connections looked dirty, so I unplugged them one at a time and cleaned them. While trying to get the grey and black plugged in I noticed that the dash lights were on. (Great). The power to the dash lights was short lived. I now have a belief that I may have found the problem. I can not tell by looking at the wiring diagram what this thing does. Any Ideas?

thank you,

Chub

gwest_ca

What is the model number and serial number of your tractor? Want to look at the wiring diagrams.

Garry

Save Old Iron

Does your "heatsink" look like this ?

2ed08850.jpg

If so, it is the rectifier / regulator unit and wiring should be

845dcebc.gif