Sign in to follow this  
mark033

tiller guestion

mark033

just picked up a bunch of wheel horse stuff in a package deal was looking at the tiller (1977) as your looking at the tiller standing behind the tractor on the right their is suppose to be a bracket that holds a spring that hooks on the tractor can i use the tiller with out the bracket and spring, or is this a must have idem, i can make one but dont have any drawing to go by . or spring size and  does any one have the dims. of bracket or anthing about the spring size

whc160

You can use your tiller with out the spring.  The bracket for the spring should be on the left when standing behind the tractor.  But here is what happened to me.  Broke a lift cable one year.  The next year I bent the lift handle and then it would not latch.  Also the spring makes it alot easier on your arm.  So since then I have always used the spring.  Here is a pic, but not a real good one.  I will try to get you some better pics tomorrow after work.

7377598092_09b4412661_m.jpg

mark033

thanks for info ordered bracket and spring and I-bolt why chance it there was only about a quart of fluid in the till I have the owners manual and I does not say how much oil to put in, anyone know ,tiller number is 77-36tl01 if I get no response I quess ill just filler up and hope she won"t leak))))))) need to turn some dirt))))))

KyBlue

I made my own... on the axle I used a piece of 1x1 angle with a hole in it for the spring. Its bolted using the axle brackets bolts.

Didn't have a spring but a trip to TSC got me one on closeout for like six bucks?

See if I can dig up or take a pic for you

gwest_ca

thanks for info ordered bracket and spring and I-bolt why chance it there was only about a quart of fluid in the till I have the owners manual and I does not say how much oil to put in, anyone know ,tiller number is 77-36tl01 if I get no response I quess ill just filler up and hope she won"t leak))))))) need to turn some dirt))))))

and another later manual

Oil capacity on the last page of this one.

Garry