Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Who's going to the PA show this year?

nylyon

Who is planning on going to the PA show this year? I am thinking of going and taking my little guy to see all the tractors. He sure does seem to get a kick out of them.

Sparky

I'll be there. This will be my 4th year in a row. My son has gone to all 3 previous shows and has a good time. Half the fun for him is taking a road trip with the guys(my neighbor rides with us), eating out, and swimming in the pool at the Hampton Inn in Gettysburg. Last year was the first time I brought a tractor and he drove it around the grounds all day Friday and Saturday. Had to put gas in it at the fillin station before we went back to the show Saturday morning.

Mike

whchris

what are the dates anyone got room for one more?

Sparky

I might. So far its me and my son and my neighbor. My neighbor is on the fence about bringing his son. If he does bring his son then I have a full truck. I'll let ya know.

Mike

whchris

you got the dates? i gotta see if i can go yet

Sparky

June 22-23. The show starts Friday morning and is over after the raffle at about 3:30 Saturday afternoon. Its about a 7 hour drive for me so I usually get there at noon Friday. I stay at a hotel in Gettysburg and leave Saturday after the raffle for another 7 hour drive home(hopefully with a new treasure). I might make a detour on the way and stop at a Harbor Freight Store near the show. I know the tools are cheap but I'm real curious as to whats in their store.

Mike

whchris

i would be intrested in stopping there i may not be able to go in ill fill your truck up on ya nah well i hope tony brings his son if not keep me in mind id love to go i may have something to go in myself by then...may

Sparky

Well Chris, it looks like Tony will be bringin his son and a rear engine Wheel Horse for him to put-put around on so I wont have room for anyone else. Sorry. Are you plannin on goin on yer own? And wheres the pics of yer sisters C-125?

Mike.....checkin my e-mail faithfully.....

whchris

well the c125 is blocked in by the power king and the bucket truck and the boat and guess what none of the 3 seam to be moving anytime soon

nylyon

Well the way I figure it, there isn't much time to prepare for the show, and not the way you are thinking either. As discussed before, all the Wheel Horses are in CT and Indiana, and that's just fine. Problem is that by the time I hear about one of them, one of you "Nutmeg" guys already scooped it up. Well figuring as much as you all are going to the show, that gives me 2 full days to scour Connecticut for these elusive beauties. Thankfully the Constitution state isn't all that big, but to traverse it in 2 days, not sure so.....

Take your time at the show, in fact spend an extra day touring the neighboring towns. On your way back, make plenty of stops along the way (of course my luck, you'll find a mint C160-Auto for almost free...). When you get to New York, hang out there for a couple more days, there's lots to see and do (an not a single Wheel Horse to be found) so stay a long long time......

Those of you going to the show, enjoy and take some pics of the fun!

nylyon

Oh, and by the way, a friend of mine just moved back to Indy, and I have him scouting the areas out there now too. :D

Sparky

Well I aint worried about my private stock as my dog will be watching over it. She has a great nose and a keen eye so if yer smart and dont want to licked to submission or beaten by the wagging tail stay away...far away. We all know how nasty a Yellow Lab can be :D !

On the flip side I have a very busy week with 6th grade graduation for the boy on Tuesday and my anniversary(15 years..and I have the bruises to prove it) on Wednesday and the grand opening of a Bar/Restuarant my sister in law is part owner of Thursday night, that loading for a Friday morning take off is gonna be done a little each night. I got the "83" C-85 washed up and gassed up and its now loaded on the trailer as well as a "68" 500 Special. Thats Daytona 500 Special with the checkered flag decals still intact! I still have a rear engine Wheel Horse for the neighbors kid and possibly my 701 to load as well as a Wheel Horse trailer and some plows and one small deck.

Mike...

nylyon

Well happy Anniversary to ya! Grab some pictures of the loaded up trailer before you leave and some when you come back. Since I can't go to the show, I'll live vicariously through your trip.

Rollerman

I have yet to go to one of the PA shows.

I hope I can in the future...a bit of a drive from IN & work is always busy this time of year.

Atleats the gas prices are finally droping below $3.00 a gallon here.

Guys have fun & enjoy the show....maybe you will see me there next year?

Stephen in northern IN....no rain since I bought the 520H