Sign in to follow this  
Red Barn Farmhand

Brake petal on Model T1076

Red Barn Farmhand

Hi, I'm a new member trying to use Redsquare.   I have a T 1076 serial number 183520 hydrostat Wheelhorse.   My question is does the brake petal stay down when you press it or should it spring back up?  I'm dealing with a neutral problem that keeps creeping.  Thanks Gene

puddlejumper

It should come back. If you remove the center console between your legs there is a spring in there, some body will be along with pictures if you dont come up with it. basically all the pedal does is return the tractor to neutral. You may have to adjust the linkages or wore pieces on the slide plate on the trans., when you get the cover off it will make more sense to you. DO NOT turn your back on that tractor with it running, You may be chasing it or worse it may be chasing you.

• Like 1

WH nut

The little bastards will run on you if you dont tie them up. :ychain:

sorekiwi

^^^^ What they both said. 

My 1276 decided to gallop off once on its own while I stopped to take a pee.  It climbed a snowbank, jumped down the other side and off across the yard.  Snowblower still turning all the time.  It probably went 30 or 40 feet before I caught up with it

Even though I had mine adjusted pretty close, I believe the DCL lever has enough weight that the vibrations can let it flop forward a little and away she goes.

Red Barn Farmhand

Thanks for all the info ,  at least I know the petal should be up,  We have replaced the slide plate, adjusted it and replaced other worn parts in the lever to hydrostat drive.  The only other worn part we think is a kidney shaped part to the left ,under the plate, that has a large opening in the center area.  Kind of like an inside cam a pin rides inside it.  We can't tell if it is hogged out some what or that is normal.  ( wish I had a picture I could reference it to, sorry )  Thanks Guys 'all is helpful

gwest_ca

Worth a read

Garry