Sign in to follow this  
Hammerhead

Got the call last week!

Hammerhead

A customer of mine called me last week about his older Craftsman tractor that he didn't want no more. Seems he started it for the first time this year and it popped and banged around for a minute and backfired then it died! He figured that the motor went south on him so he gave me the call. He bought a new battery and a new spark plug for it and said it wasn't getting any spark. So I said that it turns over then? He said yes. I said well the motor is not blown up then. He said he didn't care but just wanted rid of the machine. So we loaded it up pretty quick! I took it home and wrenched on it for 7 hours, replaced some parts and cleaned some rust off of the flywheel where the coil rubs against it and it fired right up! It runs really good and mowes pretty good too. Looks like a new one almost, it's in great shape and garage kept for 15 years! bth_004-11_zps1e1997a1.jpgbth_066-1_zps9d9fbb22.jpgbth_065-2_zps8edf28d0.jpg

Sparky

So is it a keeper or will it be sold to get more WH funds?

Mike.........

Hammerhead

I'll probably keep it to mow with. That will be quite a change from my WH 314-8 speed that I mow with now! It's always good to have a backup mower or 7...KJ

KC9KAS

You can't beat the price!