Sign in to follow this  
953 nut

GT 14 Hydro Gear help/advice needed please.

953 nut

I have a 1970 GT 14 with a Hydro Gear trans with a problem. Earlier this year after reading posts on Red Square I deducted that a set of acceration valve springs would solve the problem, "refracman" hooked me up with a source on the springs and I finaly got around to putting them in yesterday. The problim is that the old broken springs had beaten the relief valve cone and releaf valve seat so badley that the cone will not come out on either side, so I can't use the seat puller to remove the seat. Any advice on how to get them out? With the cone and seat locked in place the new springs are not doing any good.

Also, on another posting I see where "refracman" advised that a '73 to '79 Piston to Piston Sunsdtrand could be used to replace the Hydrogear "with a little extra work". I am a fairly good mechanic and since the number of later hydros is much greater I am interested in knowing what is involved. Has there been a posting showing the steps involved?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.       :text-thankyouyellow: