Sign in to follow this  
Kevbo

Deck Leveling?

Kevbo

Hi guys! Quick question: Should the blades on the deck be perfectly level front to back or should the front or rear be a little higher? I have been adjusting the blades to perfectly level by adjusting the linkage but I just wanted to make sure I am right. Thanks!

Wyattrrp

The Toro "quality of cut manual" qocmanl.pdf for the 300-400-500 series mower decks (p4-19) says the front should be 1/8 to 1/4 inch lower than the rear.  My 85 36-42-48 deck manual for 300 & 400 series says level the front to rear by placing tractor with fully inflated tires on level floor.  Put height adjuster level in middle position and lower deck to floor on wheels. Place a level on top of deck facing direction of foot rests and level it ffront to back while it is lowered on roller wheels. Then back off the trunion adjustment nut one full turn to lower the front slightly.

• Like 1

leeave96

Never tried this on a Wheelhorse, but Simplicity decks are ground supported similar to the Wheelhorse and they recommend the blades to be tipped up an 1/8th inch vs the opposite of Wheelhorse. Can't explain why.

Tankman

Adjusting the trunion nut can be a pain.

Don't know of, haven't had any problems after I drilled the trunion nuts.

Drilled the threads out and use locking nuts on the eye bolts and Never-Seez® on the threads.

With a ratchet wrench, long extension, deep socket, I can easily adjust the lift at will.

I've done this on my 520, 414 and 416. Simply move the lower dash panel and adjust the

locking nut.

Panel open (400's) or off (520-8) gives me the opportunity to PB blast a bit while I'm at it. A bit of house cleaning too! :smile: