Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Latest on me

AMC RULES

It's hard to keep a good  :wh: man down. 

Keep on, keepin' on Karl.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

stevebo

Great news pal...

nylyon

Yesterday's trip was to the neurotologist again.  He looked at my recent CT Scan and feels pretty confident that the facial nerve was not severed, but that a broken bone may be compressing the nerve which will keep it from healing.  He's recommending decompression surgery to allow the nerve to heal.  I have a few more appointments to get ready and then it'll be scheduled.  After the procedure, it will still be a long time before I regain control of the left side of my face, in the 6-12 month range :(

stevasaurus

That is great news Karl.  Hang in there...we are all pulling for you.

Duff

My God....I have been away from the forum for a few weeks and came back to this awful news! Karl, I am so glad things are improving for you, and so very sorry it happened in the first place. Although we've never met face to face, I feel over the years like I know you very well, and for that reason you will certainly be in our prayers going forward. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, friend, and God speed!

~Duff    :thumbs:  :thumbs:   

• Like 1

Wyattrrp

Absolutely that is great news Karl.  Although I am a relatively new guy around here, I can certainly appreciate all you have given in time and effort to keep this as the best WH site on the web.  For you to get great news like this, no matter HOW long the recovery is, is great. I too have done some things that resulted in injuries that afterword I had to say, wow, lucky that wasn't permanent. It may leave a mark but those are the indications that you are a survivor along with many of us.  Sounds like your path to full recovery is there, just keep the faith and patience and it will happen. 6-12 months sounds like forever right now but believe me, it is instantaneous compared to what Forever could have been given the circumstance.  All our prayers are with your for sure.

God Speed.

Wyatt 

truckin88

Best of Luck Buddy! Prayers for a speedy recovery

wp205a

Karl, like Duff I've been mostly away, just in and out on occasion, 1st chance to sit & browse this morning. Didn't know about your accident, and I'm glad you are progressing well. Hang in there and prayers are added from Alabama. Al P.