Sign in to follow this  
Fun Engineer

Mid-Mount Grader Blade Questions

Fun Engineer

I bought a used grader blade last summer and I'm finally getting around to restoring it. Now that I have it all apart it appears that the indexing lever is bent. Here are some plictures of the lever. Can anyone tell me if this is how its supposed to look or post pictures of the correct lever? Thanks, Dave

IMGP5364_zps9c450b62.jpgIMGP5363_zps8257d31d.jpgIMGP5362_zpsf8f82d46.jpg

sorekiwi

Looks to me that your lever has a few extra kinks to it, but its more or less the right shape. 

Here is the best pic I have of mine, if you want better shots shout out and I'll take some:

IMG_3712.jpg

Don1977

IMG_3712.jpg

I was looking at you front hitch did the handle brake off are didn't it ever have one?

sorekiwi

I was looking at you front hitch did the handle brake off are didn't it ever have one?

That is the Wheel Horse bolt on front tachamatic kit (I forget the number) that was sold to convert the early tractors to use later style attachments.  The tractor is my 1267.

CasualObserver

Here is the best pic i can find at the moment. I have some better ones of just the lever but can't find them right now. If you search for grader blade topics you might find them in an old topic. 05-12-09032.jpg via Tapatalk

Fun Engineer

Thanks guys. This was just what I was looking for. Looks like the lever has an extra bend between the index tab and original bend. This should be an easy fix.

Thanks again.