Sign in to follow this  
Mr. 856

Snapper Comet........made cooler.

Mr. 856

Well this comet sat in the barn for YEARS. I always thought it would be cooler then something other than a lawnmower. SO...........I hacked her up and made this. This will be my "compound cruiser". Got a small trailer for it so I can run debris and leaves out the pile in the back 40. I Will strip her down in a few weeks and give her a fresh paint job. Still have to get some brakes in her.

004-37_zps0a1313b3.jpg

• Like 1

posifour11

Great idea. And cool tires to boot.

Sparky

That sucker looks awesome!!

Mike.......

Mr. 856

Thanks! The fronts are actually the tires off my 856.......they will get replaced soon. The rears are 22x8x10 AMS Swamp fox's. Speeking of 856 I have to get back on that project! Few more pics for ya.

002-42_zps9328d548.jpg

006-33_zpsa573160a.jpg

VinsRJ

I like it too... great idea!

Jake Kuhn

Thats very cool! looks like its very fast! :)

squonk

Run Forest!!!!

AMC RULES

Really cool idea there.   :) 

welderman85

Looks awsome

Mr. 856

Thanks! Im having a problem with the rear tires not holding air. The rims and tires are new.......anybody here know anything about ATV tires? Says use "beadlock" rims on side of tire. Inflate to 35 psi to set bead. deflate then reinflate to 7psi.  If I can get that figured out I can put her through some paces before I call it done and tear her down for paint. Im not liking this not holding air deal.

Sparky

Probably best to just stick a tube in them.

Mike..........

Mr. 856

Good idea sparky. I put some more air in them to see if more will keep them seated. if not then tubes might be my answer or maybe even differant tires. I do like these swap fox's though.

KC9KAS

Wow, that "Naked Snapper" looks very cool!

You may need some wheelie bars on that thing!

Mr. 856

She hooks up rather nice. No front lift at all. Seems my scrauny 145lb frame is enough to keep it down. I have a nice suitcase weight I could throw up front but honestly dont think I need it. I have other go fast toys.....this be my crusier.

Coadster32

Run Forest!!!!

I cut their grass for free.  

I like it also. Tires look really neat, and looks like alot of ground clearance. :handgestures-thumbupright:

953 nut

COOL!

:text-thankyouyellow: 

Ken B

Really cool idea there.   :) 

Took the words right outta my mouth!

The Comet looks pretty cool. The rear tires are pretty tough looking.

I had a Snapper with an 11 hp Briggs on it with the Hi-Vac deck and a bagger on it. That setup would suck all the acorns up along with all the leaves. Sometimes I wish I still had it, it did a super job.

Mr. 856

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Its getting alot of "odd looks" around the compound. LOL Seems the first comment is "WTF is it?". LOL If taken it on a few spins and besides the bumpy ride it moves and is holding together. I started this build approx 1-1/2 years ago without an idea of what I was doing. Well after staring at it for awhile i just dove in and started hacking and welding. I had an idea though......what if I could make this into a machine that could be used year round. Now I wasnt thinking tires would work year round so........I stared at it more and then it hit me. I could make this machine swap all it wheels out for skis and a track with relative ease if I built it right. So thats what I did. What you see now is phase #1. Pretty much complete in "summer mode". Phase #2 is winter mode and if I can get photobucket to work I will add some pictures of that build progress.