Sign in to follow this  
rustbucket

two more added to the rustbucket herd.

rustbucket

got two more wheel horses bringing my barns total to 5 and three are in peices for redoing. got a B82 today and the guy gave us a steal on a second B we have to go get tomarrow. paid 450 for the first and it has the deck as well as plow and all paper work and heres the real kicker we are second owner the guy we got it from got it from first owner but never used it. rear wheels are the 8 incher rims. paint is awsome and everything mechanical works perfectly. the other B we get tomarrow for 50 bucks. thats the steal. it dosnt have a deck though so we going to toss the B model plow onto it for the winter.

pictures to come when its light out.

rustbucket

080908_2034a.jpg

just a quickly taken cell phone piccy of the one new horse in our garage.

prpldude

Nice... another great buy... B)

refracman

Sounds like you got the Wheel Horse bug bad Jason. B)

and now you have youself a herd goin :horseplay: :horseplay:

rustbucket

my dad paid for the 2 B's as well as the 702 but its a mutual herd. all the wheel horses are now kept safe in one bay of out 2 car garage behind safe locked doors.. me personaly i am still paying off repairs to my big van.. stupid blown power steering and shot serpintine belt.

rustbucket

on an up note we tinkered on my dads 702 and found it had good compression and all just no spark. a bit of tinkering and looking around found it a bad ignition coil and we swapped it out temperarily with one off one of my jacobsens.

rustbucket

the second B was a B-112 and is in good shape but needs some small amount's of TLC. main thing im missing and need if its going to be a plow machine is the lift handle with all its small mounts for the tractor i have the full plow other wise.

lift handle being the same that raises and lowers the mower deck when attached.

if anyone has a spare one for the vert model B's laying around PM me please.

rustbucket

thank you TT B):whistle: for the B) B)

rustbucket

just thought i'd try out the smiley thingies for once.

rustbucket

tinkered with the B-112 today when i got off work half a day cause of rain and well lemme see tubed the one flat tire it had pulled the carb off and tore it apart soaked it for an hour in a gallon can of gunk carb cleaner dried it off and cleaned all its small passages with pipe cleaners.

reassembled remounted gave it some gass pulled the secondary pull start since no battery and boom fired over first pull.

need to redo the breaks and clean off all the drive pullies as it tends to hang in drive and dosnt seem to like to shift out of gear seems to lock in and you need to slam the shifter to get it out of gear.

breaks mught be shot ive adjusted them 3 times and tractor still wont come to a stop

rustbucket

also won the auction TT showed me so will be adding that to the machine when i get it then swapping over plow mount and plow to the 112.

BairleaFarm

Good prices on NOS stuff.

rustbucket

yeah i agree need to tinker on the breaks and the getting it to shift out of gear. the um B-112 was repowered by the PO still has a 11 hp briggs on it but well im pretty sure it isnt suppose to be pull start and electric start together.

TT

Be VERY CAREFUL when removing the caliper bolts on the Peerless transaxles! They have a tendency to break off in the case. B)

You're probably going to find that the plungers are stuck in the caliper body (steel pins in an aluminum housing) and will need tapped out, polished, and reinstalled with a light coating of anti-seize.

Make sure the brake disc is not rusted to the shaft - it needs to be able to float to compensate for pad wear. (Brake pads are available from any Tecumseh dealer.)

Teddy da Bear

If you got a "steal of a deal".....does that make you a "horse thief"?? B)

Good job on your purchase!!

rustbucket

i thought it was a very good deal about 250 a tractor and they both run one was under a pine tree from what i can tell(B-112)) the other garage kept and in fairly nice condition except for normal usage wear and tear on it and its paint . i also noticed on these B's that there really isnt a frame to them the whole bottom is a big stamp formed sheet metal frame but i tell ya what its heavy sheet metal pushing close to 1/4 i think maybe thinner but nuthing like the tin ghosts we got today from everyone else.

rustbucket

hey TT i got the brake off without anything breaking the PO was nice enough to coat the bolts holding it on with ainto seize compound. do the little aluminum rods wear out cause mine are realy realy shirt when whats left of the pad is all the way back in the caliper. if so can i get a part num for the small rods and the brak pad cause i know my local dealer isnt all too bright unfortunatly.i may just have to take them the parts if all else fails. i'd like numbers though so they dont do like they do my boss and give me what they think is the right part.

the place use to be good just gone down hill in the customer service side of house as well as haveing a mechanic who knows what your talking about behind the counter. they are more sales driven now then repair and replace

rustbucket

Well i went and did it this time. B) i stepped on the brake pedal of the B-112 and well i heard a tang snap noise and looked under to see a peice of metal laying on the floor. :whistle: i guess i dont know my own strength some times because the metal actuator arm for the perless trannies brakes broke in two peices leaving me and the B-112 without any stopping ability.

anyone have one of these parts or know where i could scrounge one up?

pic to come real real soon of the broken bit.

rustbucket
2008-08-16-71052.jpg

Jim_M

I would just weld it back together and grind it flat again.

rustbucket

i would but it looks to be made of real bad pot metal.

TT

It should be mild steel, Jason.

If you can't get it welded back together, I might know where there is one. (or two, or three B) )

By the way -- it should have never broke if the big spring is still on the brake rod. Make sure the correct parts are all there before you reinstall the arm. :whistle:

rustbucket

hey TT send me a PM with price for maybe one cause im not to sure about local welder in my area and im not trusting my boss and his skills with tig.

rustbucket

the break is also in the bend where it actuates the brake plungers. so a weld there might be iffy in my opinion