Sign in to follow this  
chazm

314-8 classic

chazm

On my way to look at 314-8 classic, has kohler 14 hp & 38 in deck, runs & mows good, guys asking $350.00. needs a seat, but after I see it ,was going to offer $300.00

any comments what to look for ??

Chasm

leeave96

Great tractor.  I've got a 314-8 with Kohler Magnum.  IMHO it is one of the best tractor Wheelhorse ever made.

Good luck,

Bill

rmaynard

Sound like a good deal. Go get it.

AMC RULES

Good luck.  :wwp: 

GlenPettit

$300, that's the value of the engine alone.

Do run it and try out the deck for a minute to be sure.

Go for it !

squonk

Considering I was at an auction and a 314-H that didn't run with 4 flats went for $750 I'd say it's a heck of a deal!

varosd

was that the one on Waynesboro, PA on CL?  sounds like a good deal. there wasn't any pictures if I remember...

chazm

Well made it back with the 314, needs some TLC, fuel lines , wiring, tie-rod ends,paint ruff, but over all pretty nice. 

PO fired it right up & I took her for a spin, runs good ,shifted good, steering loose, the deck worked, but noisy . owner accepted $ 300 for it so now it sits in my garage :handgestures-thumbupright:

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt247/chazmoc/th_016_zps7f0dd537.jpg?t=1365361768

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt247/chazmoc/th_015_zps5e4cc44a.jpg?t=1365361717

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt247/chazmoc/th_014_zps0b903253.jpg?t=1365361698

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt247/chazmoc/th_013_zps776dd52f.jpg?t=1365360632

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt247/chazmoc/th_012_zpsfdde29c2.jpg?t=1365360610

Chasm   :flags-usa:

thehorse

I saw that tractor on cl last night. Near Gettysburg I believe, unless ther are 2 for sale with the custom blue seat treatment!

Nice tractor. U should see the 520-h on twin tiers cl......if I only made what I thought I was worth I would have the $$$ and go pick it up today.

chazm

It was in Waynesboro, PA- about 10 mi away, just finished down loading manuals for it.

Now for some elbow grease & to go over it  :tools-wrench:

Cham  :flags-usa:

thehorse

I was tempted to go get it myself!!!!!!!!!!!

thehorse

The starter looks new and shiny.

Wheel-N-It

Yep, thats a nice one. You did great for $300 ! 

dbartlett1958

Nice tractor.  The 314 is on my short list of tractors to buy!

leeave96

Tractor looks good - it's a keeper IMHO!!!!!!

Wheel-N-It

Tractor looks good - it's a keeper IMHO!!!!!!

They're all keepers Bill! Too bad we can't keep em' all :)

chazm

She definitely needs some TLC... I 'll amit to useing duck tape on a seat, but never seen blue painters tape use on one. :eusa-think:

chasm

Wheel-N-It

She definitely needs some TLC... I 'll amit to useing duck tape on a seat, but never seen blue painters tape use on one. :eusa-think:

chasm

I think the blue painters tape is suppose to give it more horsepower! :text-lol:

• Like 1

Irv

Nice tractor and a good deal! You will love the 314- great power and decent gas mileage.

welderman85

great deal. there an awsome tractor

chazm

Well ,I had a chance to start tearing the 314 down last night, must say looks like the P/O just drove it, no grease anywhere, fuel filter & line, air filter looks as if  original equip., :roll:

The hood hinges were worn out to the point the holes are egg shaped larger than 3/8 in. :eek:  

Various bolts missing & others loose to the point that the steering tower shifted when you steered

Got the seat, fender, fuel tank off & cleaned all the old grass out, will pressure washer this weekend. By then should have parts to go back together.

After looking over the mower deck , IT IS RUFF !!!  For some reason they removed the support channel to weld cracks on the deck where the spindles mount  :banghead:

Will have to find one of them along with the guards & go over it completely , will see if Jdog has anything.

Still looking for good price on front tires, not a priority now ,but on the back burner.

Chasm :flags-waveusa:

Wheel-N-It

Don't stress over that mowing deck. Alot of the 42" decks are junk by this time now anyway. There are plenty of good ones still out there. The tractor alone is worth what you paid for it easliy. I like the 314 alot. It will nont take much to put it back in tip top shape. Just replacing the seat will make it look much much better.