Sign in to follow this  
Kevbo

Just picked up tiller! Need info.

Kevbo

Evening everyone! Just picked up a tiller attachment from a guy for $75. It is missing the mid idler pulley assembly and the drive belt. Does anyone have or know where I can acquire the mid idler assembly? Anyone know the part number for the belt or size/dimensions? Not sure of the model or year but I will post pictures soon, we are in the truck on our way home.

KC9KAS

Someone on Red Square is selling a mid-idler pulley set up, but I don't remember who.

Kevbo

Here's some pics:

5297D931-D7D0-492E-A1BA-9D76CC833D18-651

61BC6A82-3FA6-47AF-B0FF-678264F2F763-651

8AF572E3-CFEC-44EC-A1C9-75E4BE255E60-651

749CAD58-5A79-45BE-8C47-DDDA8FBD0575-651

107EC07D-2D44-46F1-9387-9CBBB1A44D4E-651

64s

The mid idler is sold by whrj58 on ebay (that's his ebay id),  I'm not sure if he's a redsquare member.  I can't find a part number on my belt,  hopefully someone will chime in.

Kevbo

Thanks guys for the info! Is there also a separate lift lever that goes with the tiller? Or does the tiller attach to the manual lift lever that is actually on the tractor?

Trouty56

Kevin, I don't have a tiller but read many posts about it just in case......  Like this one.....

By the way....good purchase Kevin.... :)

Edited by Trouty56

64s

It attaches to the lift lever on your tractor.

Jim_M

Thanks guys for the info! Is there also a separate lift lever that goes with the tiller? Or does the tiller attach to the manual lift lever that is actually on the tractor?

You'll need the cable and rockshaft assembly on your tractor, same as a clevis hitch uses.

dbartlett1958

Also, 

The belt length depends on which tractor you want to use it on. You change the position of the mid-mount idler for different applications, and therefore need different lenght belts.

Great looking tiller for $75

can whlvr

it looks like my tiller,a 7-1252,1975 36 inch tiller,you can use this number to look up parts,unless you know the model number,the belt is 1599 for a 1975 tiller,heres one hooked up to a 414,and a homemade pulley under the seat for the lifting of the tiller,get the spring too,its worth it

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

082-1.jpg

brandonozz

I would like to ask a question about this tiller - in particular the "flap" on the back.  I have the same tiller and while tilling the flap will fall off occasionally.  I have heard there are some type of clip or cotter  pin that will keep the flap from falling off while tilling.  I'm not a smart man, but I can't see how they would be used unless I drill some holes in the hooks on the flaps.  Is that what people are doing to keep it on?