Sign in to follow this  
logburner

Kohler engine pully

logburner

Can anyone out there tell me if engine pullys off k181s will fit onto k321s and will the k321s fit in my Wheel Horse commando 800 (think its a 1972) 

Thankyou Alan

SousaKerry

The drive pulleys will not, as the 8hp engines used a 1" shaft and the big bore Kohlers used 1-1/8" shaft, but some inferior green and yellow companies did spec their engines from Kohler with 1" shafts.

Engine should fit in the frame but again depending on the specification of the engine it may not, different oil pans and such.  If you can give us the spec numbers off the engine we can tell you more information.

Don1977

He gave it as an 321S that a standard base. If it's off a Wheel Horse it will have the tapped holes in the bottom for the left side of the frame. The K181s has a smaller base so the holes in the frame are not right.

logburner

Hi, Thanks for replies. Looks like donor engine is a Kohler K321s with serial no 60340 (believe it came from another make of tractor though) It has pullys already attached, but looks like no clutch attachment for cutter is fitted. Guess you can't bore the pullys ot to 1 1/8" as clutch runs on needle bearing- am i right. 

Don1977

The sleeve that the clutch runs on is harden and has a 1" hole in it, you would need one with a 1 1/8" hole. The pulley could be bored out and a key way broached in it. Over here it would be cheaper to buy a used pulley. For the sleeve check with the Modified Wheel Horse Pullers

they remove the PTO and sleeve.

logburner

Thanks chaps and really helpful, will let you know how it all goes.