Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

60" 520 deck

6wheeler

Hi everyone. I just have a quick question. I have to pick up a 60" deck from my friend Brad. He gave me before he passed away. He was going to get all the parts together for me but now his brother and I have to figure out what goes with it. It looks complete. But, he said something about a pulley that goes with it and we do not know what he meant. I thought it went on just like any other deck. Is there some extra pulley that goes on it? If someone has a deck that is not mounted, could you put a picture of it on? This is a NOS deck that was never mounted (he never got a 520 to put it on). It looks complete to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.      Pat

WH854

Hi everyone. I just have a quick question. I have to pick up a 60" deck from my friend Brad. He gave me before he passed away. He was going to get all the parts together for me but now his brother and I have to figure out what goes with it. It looks complete. But, he said something about a pulley that goes with it and we do not know what he meant. I thought it went on just like any other deck. Is there some extra pulley that goes on it? If someone has a deck that is not mounted, could you put a picture of it on? This is a NOS deck that was never mounted (he never got a 520 to put it on). It looks complete to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.      Pat

Looks like the Mule Drive is different put this model# 05-60SC01 here and check it out.

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

Hope this helps you some :thumbs: Also the deck hanger is different !

Chas

Edited by WH854

6wheeler

What is different on the mule drive?

WH854

What is different on the mule drive?

Here is a link about the different mule drives.

Has to do with the forward swept axle.

Chas

Sparky

I thought there was a spring in the mule drive? I've never owned a 60"deck but remember reading about the spring.

Mike..............

WH854

I thought there was a spring in the mule drive? I've never owned a 60"deck but remember reading about the spring.

Mike..............

If you use the link I gave above (there is a link in it about the spring :thumbs:

Chas

6wheeler

Thanks Chas. I have to dig through a shed full of NOS parts to find it all.But, at least now I know what I am looking for. 

WH854

Thanks Chas. I have to dig through a shed full of NOS parts to find it all.But, at least now I know what I am looking for. 

U Betcha :thumbs:

Here are a couple of pictures one a 48 inch mule drive and a 60 inch mule drive :thumbs:

22R10005_zps80756fa4.gif

13R10011_zpse97b1349.gif

Chas

cheesegrader

The spring loaded drive for the 60" deck takes up slack on the belt when you lift the deck by pivoting the pulley assembly forward.

You could use the regular mule drive if you just leave it in the down position.

If you lift the 60" deck up with the standard mule drive, you will throw the belt off in the raised position.

gwest_ca

If the deck is new it should have the model and serial number on it. Post those and there may be manuals available for it.

Garry