Sign in to follow this  
Lane Ranger

1967 Wheel Horse Lawn Ranger, L-157 with 6 HP Tecumseh electric start motor and a 32 inch ST-324 Snowthrower.

Lane Ranger

Operating the 1967 Wheel Horse St-324 snowthrower with my  1967 Lawn Ranger , L-157 model.  This tractor has a 6 HP , H-60 Tecumseh motor and is an electric start.

post-339-0-57387000-1364226381_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 2

SousaKerry

NICE :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

KC9KAS

Nice, and it looks like you used it today!

We just got a "dusting" this morning on the vehicles & yards. Roads were warm and it just melted.

Fellows in the county that report to CoCoRaHS reported 1" of snow.

Terry M

Lane , Sorry I didn't see this post until now ...For me the pic above comes out much bigger than the the one on the gallery.   I can now better see the lift mechanism.    Once again, thats a nice set-up you have :handgestures-thumbupright: .

pfrederi

My L-107 does much better plowing than blowing.  You really can't go slow enough with the blower if you have significant snow without constantly slipping the clutch.  After all most walk behinds now have 8 or more HP.  After the first pass you can do better taking only a partial bite. 

She plows really well with some chains and weights...to bad you have to hop off to re-angle the blade

Edited by pfrederi

Lane Ranger

Paul: 

I never had a problem with the clutch or deeper snow if it was the light fluffy stuff.   But the heavy, wet snow went real slow and as I indicated at the end of the job the chute ice up in the auger.    The belt may have been just slipping as nothing  else was moving but I did disengage the clutch when the snow quit coming out the chute. 

I did get to try out the Lawn Ranger snowplow at my daughter's house in Jacksonville, Illinois this winter.   I found it to work well and yet I wish I had more downward pressure on the plow.

The getting out of the seat and turning the plow is a little bit of a pain but I usually move to the left or right and start in the middle of the drive anyway.   Her drive and mine are long concrete drives and Wheel Horse plows work well on those.