Sign in to follow this  
Vinylguy

1990 520-8 Decal Install

Vinylguy

As you can see in the following image, the original decals on the 300 400 & 500 series tractors did

not meet and left a gap of about 1 to 1.5 inches at the joint. I decided to make the left and right side reproductions

just a enough longer to allow for a more continuous look to the hood graphics as seen on Tankmans 520.

Great install Art. :music-rockon:  This is actually the first  time I have seen these decals after install in a large image.

I really like the more fluid look as apposed to the originals but one could easily trim them down to

match the OEM look. Is it just me? 

gallery_74_25_1158363.png

AMC RULES

Does look better Terry. Now, just tape off that seam and the edge of your decal...hit that seam with a quick spritz of gloss black, then it really would be continuous.     :handgestures-thumbsup: 

roscoemi

Could the side decal just move forward a little to meet the front wraparound for a seamless look? Yours do look much better than the originals.

Vinylguy

I can ad about a half inch to the front decal so it reaches just past the seam and allow

for trimming to to desired length. cant make the hood sides any longer without 

causing wasted material during printing and therefore an increased cost.

Fun Engineer

They look great Terry.

When I restored my GT 1848 the original decals had actually shrunk and looked like the original picture above.  You could see the glue residue. At the time (2001) I was able to order an OEM set from Toro and they were the perfect length and covered the seam completely. I would agree that you should make the front longer to cover the seam or as Russ stated, just move the side decal forward to cover the seam.

Cable
Vinylguy I like the reproduction with the smaller gap.  I reviewed a 1990 VHS video I have titled "Wheel Horse F.A.B." (Features, Advantages, Benefits) to see what decals on a new one looked like.  There wasn't enough detail in the moving picture to tell for sure but the gap did appear wider. The video was produced by Wheel Horse for use by dealers to interest prospective buyers.