Sign in to follow this  
gratefulydeadman

wheelhorse plow?

gratefulydeadman

Can anyone tell me if this is a wheelhorse plow? I aquired this from a friend that bought it at an auction for $30. He bought itnbecause it was cheap and I was interested in it because of the slot hitch connection it has. It appears to never have been used!!! There isnt the slightest ding or knick in any of the blade edges. It measures about 8 inches. Could this possibly be nos? And if it is nos wheelhorse plow... what year is it from and what would could the value be? Thanks Ralph

post-5837-0-09148000-1363582653_thumb.jp

post-5837-0-41456800-1363582672_thumb.jp

• Like 1

KC9KAS

So, is it yours or your friends plow? It is a very nice looking plow.

I'm not sure if it is WH or not...I'm not that knowledgable about the plows. I know BRINELY made the plows for just about every make of GT out there.

chevrat68

yes, it is a wheel horse i have the same plow i beleave its from the early 60's.

i dont think yours has ever been used

ill give you 10 bucks for it! lol

gratefulydeadman

Yes It is my plow.. lol... I purchased it from my buddy because it fits my slot hitch. But if it hasnt ever been used... then I dont really want to use it.

Kelly

I'll have to look at my early plow but I think mine is not the same

gratefulydeadman

Hey Kelly... I was looking through my manuals and found this in my rj58 salesmans book. It kinda looks the same but I hope someone on here has some of pics of their plows I can compare it to.

post-5837-0-41119400-1363661827_thumb.jp

post-5837-0-87204500-1363661850_thumb.jp

• Like 1

gratefulydeadman

Can u please post pics of your plow chevrat68? Thanks

Kelly

It does look like that one, mine I think is early 60's, yours looks to be late 50's

Terry M

I'm almost sure that plow look the same as mine. I was told its for an RJ model. Mine does appear to be original red with silver where yours is black. I did build an adaptor because the slot was too small for 60's slot hitch. I was told thats due to the RJs having a smaller size slot hitch receiver....But thats just here-say to me. Before I say any more I'll pull mine out of storage and get a good pic of it if your interested.

Also , was wondering if I could maybe get a copy of those pages you have pictured above?

Thanks, Terry

gwest_ca

Garry

Terry M

Garry

Thanks Garry!

groundhog47

GEEZ, that is a $$good buy :woohoo:

Terry M
                                                                                                                                              post-5864-0-91179200-1350528005_thumb.jp
post-5864-0-85193000-1350527974_thumb.jp
post-5864-0-20050400-1350527952_thumb.jp
post-5864-0-74504500-1350527867_thumb.jp

Above are pics of my plow. appears to be the same model. I made the adapter so I could use it on my 606.

• Like 1

gratefulydeadman

Very nice plow!! Appears to be the same as mine. Its crazy that ive owned it for over a year and never knew what I had!! Happy easter everyone:)

Schwartzrock

Nice plow! It does look like never used. Do any of you guys want to sell your either of your plows? Or - does anyone know where I can find an adapter for a early 60's slot hitch? I guess if I found a slot to sleeve, I could just get a Brinly. Any leads on who might be willing to weld one up for a fee?

Jeff in Philly