Sign in to follow this  
Packrat

wheel horse SB-421

Packrat

Can some one tell me if this tractor is wealth $350.00  or is it wealth more ??? And what year is it ?? There is a snow plow that goes with it too .. It dose run the front right tire has a slow leak in it  ,,, 

post-9363-0-17562600-1363569216.jpgpost-9363-0-91541300-1363569217_thumb.jppost-9363-0-96829600-1363569227.jpgpost-9363-0-95333800-1363569229_thumb.jp

puddlejumper

I'll say you wont get hurt on it. whole tractor looks good and straight, Deck is worth a big portion of that price.I really dont see how you could lose anything.

Left and right rear axle shafts protruding through hub check keyway in hubs and on axles. Not a deal breaker but may need attention.They should be flush with outside of hub.

Kelly

To me that would be top money on a briggs powered tractor, with a few issues I can see, hubs and tire, but does have the axle bracket and you say a plow, 42" deck looks ok from here. 

Wheel-N-It

They SB-421 is a good machine from what I have read and heard. I came close to buying one a few months ago. It looked great but did not have any attachments. I could not justify the 360 mile round trip for a Briggs powered WH. Nothing against Briggs, I'm more of a Kohler guy.

Packrat

I like the Kohler motors too very good motor .. This Wheel horse is going to be put up for sale the owner is going into a nursing home after have two strokes ... He love his Wheel Horse .. He would drive to the store one block away ... He is asking $350.00 but I think I can get $400.00 and make him happier ... 

puddlejumper

What do you know bout that v55 lauson engine on the tiller? in the background.

Wheel-N-It

I like the Kohler motors too very good motor .. This Wheel horse is going to be put up for sale the owner is going into a nursing home after have two strokes ... He love his Wheel Horse .. He would drive to the store one block away ... He is asking $350.00 but I think I can get $400.00 and make him happier ... 

I've done that before too. Doing a little extra for someone that needs it and deserves it makes this hobby more fun and meaningful. To do this right, it ain't all about how cheap we can be. I can't expect to grow a good crop if I don't plant the seed like it needs to be planted.

• Like 1