Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jrfan

burnng question

Recommended Posts

jrfan

ok ive been tinkering with wheelhorses since mid 90's and im talkin to this fella tonight and he is telling me about a d-series horse that is 4wheel drive my question is did wheeelhorse ever make a 4 wheel drive tractor me myself i have never seen or heard of one :sad-bored:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
CasualObserver

Nope... but a member did a long time ago.  He's built several from different models and brands. 

 

DSCF2291.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
posifour11

I'm a new wheel horse guy. But so far, the only ones I've seen were custom built.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
boovuc

No factory 4-wheel drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
wheeledhorseman

That D is just soooooo cool!

Before my time on RS so thanks for posting it Jason otherwise I may never have come across it.

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • BuffaloD200
      By BuffaloD200
      Finally getting around to working on my ark loader.  The previous owner said he thinks the problem is with the spool valve.  
      As I've learned a bit more about hydraulics now, I'd like to get this all sorted out.  
      I noticed the power beyond port is connected to the reservoir return.  Is that right?  
      Anyone see anything blatantly incorrect?



    • ccs002
      By ccs002
      Looking for a complete hydro pump for a D-160. Tractor is missing everything from the rubber coupler disc back. Also willing to buy a complete tractor for parts, the closer to Harrisonburg VA the better. Thank you. 
    • tractorboy79
      By tractorboy79
      I was looking around on ebay and noticed that hydraulic actuators from John Deere 312, 317, etc models appear to be Identical to a Gt14 or d series lift cylinder. My question is would a new cylinder from ebay be able to replace one that is on a gt14 or d series?
       
      Images below of cylinders to show similaritys.


    • BuffaloD200
      By BuffaloD200
      '74 D-180
       
      My friction disc in gone on my clutch.  I saw the old post about making a new friction disc, so I'm not concerned about that.
      I managed to remove the front clutch plate and double v-belt pulley.  But I can't separate the two.  When I took the assembly off the spiraloc washer popped off on its own.  I HAVE READ THE MANUALS.
      So I should be able to just remove the pulley from the front clutch and continue with step 4.  The v-belt pulley is loose as all hell and flops around like a dead fish.  It seems to be hung up on a ring or bearing race.  
      So my thoughts are grab a BFH or sparky the blue tip wrench.
      Is there an unpublished step 3.5, or some trick?
    • BuffaloD200
      By BuffaloD200
      Hey all, 
       
      My '74 D180 has a lot of trouble pushing snow.  Weighted tires, but nothing else at this time.  I've found it gets stuck frequently and only one wheel spins.  Do these tractors not have a limited slip/locker arrangement?  How does everyone manage with the infamous one wheel peel?
×
×
  • Create New...