Sign in to follow this  
coolhandblack

Update on "need some help" post. Bought it!

coolhandblack

Well guys just got back from checking out this wheelhorse... and well I couldn't just leave it there so I bought it. It came with a small pull behind cart and a couple of attachments. From just looking at the decal Im guessing its a 855 1965 Lawn & Garden Tractor 855 4-Speed Kohler K181S-30108A 8 Wheel Horse 5049... am I right? The Hub caps all look great, and the headlight work. I haven't really had a chance to check it over to well yet but will update later with some pics of the attachments... Here are some pics of it. If you guys see something I am missing on it let me know, I think some pieces are miss from the pto... also came with a set of ag tires for the back!

003-2_zpsb9b23d2b.jpg

002-3_zps26df68ea.jpg

001-5_zps637db855.jpg

008-1_zps0f348cb5.jpg

006-2_zpsc7b8fc98.jpg

• Like 4

Stigian

I'd of done the same as you.... Brought it home :D

Love the hubcaps and chrome stack :handgestures-thumbup:

1965 855

Looks good, very nice buy

Tankman

Nice pickup! The Horse looks great!

Have fun ridin' your new Stallion! :smile:

CasualObserver

Look here to see if it has a serial tag.  Sometimes they tucked them way up at the top, so you may have to get your head right down in there to see it.

serialloc.jpg

I wouldn't trust a decal on that tractor, since I see a Commando 6/8 hood and a Raider tank tray.  Could just be a mutt someone put together, you just never know when you see stuff like that.  Wheel Horse parts are so interchangeable.  Looks like it has 65-67 rear fenders though.

Here's a pic of what the PTO should look like.

3515560_orig.jpg

3783020_orig.jpg

coolhandblack

Got a little bit of work done tonight on the lawn rake/detacher... I used it on my yard and worked pretty good as is but I had to do some fabricating to get it to lift up when not in use. Ill post some more later of the other attachments that came with it, they will need a little more work.

003-2_zpscfe17c5b.jpg

Wheel-N-It

003-2_zpscfe17c5b.jpg

I want to know how well this attachment will rake leaves. Keep us posted.

Kelly

I think Jason is right looks like a few tractors in one, did you get a chance to look at the ID tag?? if it is a 855 the tag will have T-855 on it. 

coolhandblack

Yes the tag has 855 on it. I cant remember the letter in front of the 855 though. As far as the leaves it does a decent job. I think I will be adding some more bolts so that there is less room for them to fall through. It did great on detaching though.

coolhandblack

Hello fellas, I thought I post a pic of the plow that came with this 855. It does not have a coulter wheel, it looks like it broke off as you can see the broken weld. Does anyone have one they want to sell or know where I could locate one? I have never used a Moldboard before, is a coulter wheel necessary?  I got this one all taken apart and cleaned up tonight. I am wanting to primer and paint it. Just bought a harbor freight hplv gun and im dying to use it...

DSCN0626_zps21bbb7ba.jpg

DSCN0627_zpse3922f6f.jpg

DSCN0628_zpsc2d39815.jpg

SNYFIX

Hate to see ""stacks"" -- too easy to burn little ones hands -- --

coolhandblack

huh?

Killer 2000 Chevy

He is referring to your exhaust stack. Just be careful if you have small kids or have them around the tractor. My 855 has a stack and I'm always watching my two boys around it :angry-nono: . I love the look though :handgestures-thumbupright:

groundhog47

PM about coulter wheel

post-8388-0-51459500-1364476691.jpg

Edited by groundhog47

groundhog47

Attachments Agricultural Section V OM IPL #A-7139.pdf in manuals covers coulter wheel and plow pertaining to pic posted above, looks different an coulter attaches with a bracket and set screw I don't have, thought it might work but is very "iffy", Thanks and good luck 

SousaKerry

The plow arm looks as if it were shortened at some point, coulter is not necessary some models had them others did not.