Sign in to follow this  
Stepney

Anybody know the make of this little mower?

Stepney

I rescued two little mowers from the scrap yard the other day, and just found the photo's. One is a mid '50's Sears 18" reel, with a locked up Continental AU-8, and the other is a unknown rotary mower with an apparently Replacement Briggs and Stratton 3.5 horse vertical. It resembles a square deck Lawn-Boy, but I can't quite find one like it anywhere! It's 22 inched across the deck. If anyone knows what this little mower is, I'd like to hear. I'm planning on restoring both, and the rotary appears to have some silver paint on the back of the deck, while the top looks an off red color, but it's all rusty.

post-8534-0-98737000-1362971057_thumb.pn

Stepney

The little machine had been in a shed abandoned for the last thirty or so years, said the man who told us about it. The shed was being torn down the next day, so we were told to get anything of value out, that's where we found the Sears and little mower. There was also a Trailblazer 7 behind the shed. We saved that too!
post-8534-0-78383600-1362971485_thumb.pn

If anyone knows what that little mower is, both the original owner and I would love to hear anything!

Thanks in advance, Spenser.

6wheeler

I can't be sure. But, it sure looks like a Majestic I had for a small engine class when I was in high school. I had to weld the right front wheel area up. And the deck was actually gold colored. The engine tins(what few there were) were red. It had a two-cycle Tecumseh engine. I painted it all up when we got the engine overhauled . It had a Majestic decal on the front of the deck where that rectangular decal area is. I couldn't find a decal for it. Like I said, I can't be sure. But, it sure looked like that.

Stepney

Would you happen to have a picture of it? I can't find a Majestic like it either, they're all either Reel mowers, or random photos of sears Craftsman's. I figured it had been repowered... The original owner pretty much forgot about it, and he doesn't even remember what it was! I'll mention the name to him, maybe It'll come back..

Spenser.