Sign in to follow this  
curly

B-111

curly

HELLO ALL YOU WHEEL HORSE LOVERS OUT THERE. B)

Guys last week I drove about a 100 miles to pick up a little B111. Am undecided as to fixing it or not-but honestly have 5 different ones now and believe I like it better than either I have. It is quite rough and the dealer I got it from broke the steering wheel getting it out of the weeds. If I should decide to restore it will steering wheel be hard to find for it and how expensive? LOL

T-Mo

I'm not sure how hard it would be to find a steering wheel. The B-111s were vertical engined lawn tractors and there might not be a lot of used parts out there. Joel probably could tell you more on these than I. Most tractors can be restored, it's just a matter of what shape they're in and how much effort, time and money you are willing to put into a project.

T-Mo

Steering wheels breaking on B-111's must be a common occurrence. Notice this one with the vise grips in place of the steering wheel on this myspace video:

wheelhorseb111.jpg

combatmp29r

Curly the steering wheel is part number 106055. Still available new for $58.50 (rcpw's price). It was also usewd on the B/C x1,xx1, x2, xx2, x5, xx5, the 200 and 300 series. They should be pretty easy to find on ebay, or maybe some one here has one. Post a wanted add in the classifieds.

kpinnc

Also, nearly all of the steering wheels were also used on other manufactuer's machines.

I just put one on the Bronco that is manufactured by the same company WH used. You just swap the center cap, and presto! New WH steering wheel. Mine is identical to OEM.

Look on Ebay under "lawn mower steering", and you will probably find one. The one I just received is in mint condition, and cost me $9 plus shipping...

Good luck!

Kevin

curly

Guys thanks for all the response. I bought this little jewel unseen and really I like it as good if not better than anything I have at present. Love that rounded hood..latching at front and 2 speed axle for an 11HP. is a neat little machine and not really that bad rusty--just a lot of paint bad and some surface rust--overall not really that bad. Oh Yeah the day we loaded it and here at home at present is a big adjustable wrench used for steering. B)

T-Mo

Sounds good, Curly. Except for the improvised steering wheel. Be sure to post pictures of it when you can.

curly

Hey Treed I uploaded a crude photo of the B 111 sitting in storage with some other junk. Am afraid after guys seeing this I will be named junkman. Anyway changed my photo on here from the B 85 with black deck B) (that nobody liked to the B 111)

combatmp29r

Curly still the C-85 here. B)

curly

Sorry spoonman when I got your message was a little late, item had done closed. But thanks to all you guys for any help and guess I need to watch Redsquare a little closer next time.

curly in kaintuckee

TT

Here's another one that's missing the steering wheel! :whistle:

And HERE is actually the correct wheel you need, but it apparently found it's way to an 867 as a replacement. B)

curly

Thanks TT I found 1 here in my scrap pile in excellent shape on an old Ariens rider. Only difference is color of center--but do not think would make that much difference a little black paint might take care of that.. Of course got to get it off tomorrow to be certain. B) Sprayed some blaster on it today to soak.

Thanks so much :whistle:

curly in kaintuckee

curly

Hey Guys Had a chance to play with the little B111 today and was very happy with results. Removed old battery--installed good 1--tried ignition key-no results, jumped from battery to starter gave a shot of starting fluid and bingo she ran. Lots of moving oarts are tight and close to freezin up but a lot broke loose and I actually drove it around with a pair of vise grips for steering. Appears to me those little tractors when new would have been a real horse on wheels. B) Am not going to be too concerned about frozen areas now since later in the year I hope to start restoration. Hope to not have to bother you guys too much with this matter but done figured out there is 1 on here I can look at for colors etc.

Again Thanks to all you Guys for your help in the past

curly in kaintuckee