Sign in to follow this  
woodsman993

hy-3

woodsman993

Hi all,

I would like your opinion on the hy-3 hydraulic set-up on a tractor.  I have been collecting the various pieces to install a hy-3 pump and assocoiated hardware for years and I finally have what I need.  I have rebuilt the pump and the cylinder (although I need to test them yet...fingers crossed) but I'm getting cold feet.   So here is my question:  for those of you that have hydraulic set-ups are they reliable and worthwhile to have or are they just an awesome toy to have.  I tend to be hard on my 855 and need something that won't be a lot of trouble.

Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

Dan

Kelly

I have one on my mutt round hood, I've never had a major issue with mine, I rebuilt everything , and had new lines made up, I have a small leak it's more annoying than a problem, finding a belt to fit correctly was a issue, and you can not make the belt real tight, as you pull the pump to make the belt tight the brackets flex, not a great design, but I have found the belt does not need to be real tight and works fine, only other thing I don't like is setting on the tractor the belt guard rides in the back of my leg, after a hour of plowing I've had enough, but I'm only 5'8" if I was taller it might not bother so much.