Sign in to follow this  
SCOOBY 312-h

my 312-h

SCOOBY 312-h

well here is my 1990 wheelhorse/toro 312-h. 12 horse kohler engine, eaton hydro rear end. i only have the plow for it but hopefully this summer i will get a mower deck for under it. i am going to do a 100 point restoration on it with toro paint. i want it to look like it just rolled off the dealer floor

post-9507-0-95368100-1362321203.jpg

post-9507-0-50876200-1362321224.jpg

Sparky

I see you have hydraulic lift so that means you have the better Eaton tranny in your 312.

She should look great with new paint and some polish on those hub-caps.

Mike..............

Kelly

Nice combo, the mag 12hp and the eaton 1100 trans, both very good, and all in one package.

SCOOBY 312-h

yeah the hubcaps kinda make me nervous, they have some surface rust on them, i have read the post about cleaning the caps,,,,,but the last time i tried to polish them, i used brasso and chrome polish from mothers and the chrome was starting to lift,,,,id hate to get them re chromed. and i like the upgraded version of the eaton, that thing is a tank

Jake Kuhn

Nice tractor!

squonk

I got my eyes on one of those. Hope to get it soon.

JackC

Great machine.  Looks like a custom setup to angle the plow.  

Looks like you now have both so give us your views in 312-8 versus 312H.  I prefer the Hs over the 8s.  I also prefer the older stick on the floor versus on the column.

Wheel-N-It

yeah the hubcaps kinda make me nervous, they have some surface rust on them,

Hey Scooby, I have had excellant results with a bio-degradeable rust remover that I bought from TSC. They also sell the same stuff at Advance Auto. I covered the wheel covers with the liquid in a plastic pan, waited seven days, pulled them out and wahed them off, them went over them with Brasso to protect them from any further rusting and they were done.

varosd

some folks also use the super fine steel wool, I've done the aluminum foil method.

dbartlett1958

Scooby,

Nice looking  tractor. Might I suggest getting one of Matt D's Hydro foot pedal kits at some point. This will make your tractor appear not quite the same as it did when it left the factory, but you will never regret the way it makes your tractor stop and go.

artfull dodger

NIce 312, cant wait to see how it looks when your done.  Try to find the proper nelson horizontal barrel muffler for it, your ears will thank you over that pancake muff it has now.  Those muff's show up on ebay or try one of the guys here that sell parts.  Good Luck with the new tractor.   Mike

welderman85

great loking tractor should be a fun project

can whlvr

you will have fun doing the resto,i got a 1990 312-h a few years ago,its one of my most used tractors

rexman72

you will have a good time restoring that

SCOOBY 312-h

thanks everyone, its gonna be a little bit before i restore i have a baby on the way and i want to restore my cub cadet first,,,,,it was my paps cub, it is sentimental to me and i have to make it pretty. i will however post more pics for u guys soon and resto pics so stay tuned,,,,