Sign in to follow this  
rmaynard

Anyone seen the new Raven?

Tankman

Saw one at Lowes here too. Was in the store for a week then vanished.

I would be skeptical, Chinese also make the Homelite and Roybi 2-cycle trimmers and chain saws.

Difficult Chinese company to deal with.

That said, I liked the suspension appearance and built-in electric generator.

A bit pricy for my wallet besides, don't need it. I love my Stallions (since the early 70's). :smile:

floor-it

Interesting, but take a closer look at the the small deck wheels, they are not going to function well in most situations, and they will break off in no time.

Also consider the amount of plastic on the unit.  Wheel Horse did not use hardly any plastic! That is why the WH are around today!

The front suspension and rear axle look to be strong, the rest is all plastic.  No Thanks.  This will be interesting to follow, as my company is developing a control module for an Automotive Truck application that also includes controlling a PTO on a truck for doing multiple chores like contractors do.  I don't think we will sell 1000 of them next year, so good luck to the company that builds the Raven.

Look what happened to Boeing with the Li-Ion battery in the 787.  Normally Boeing does are real thorough job in engineering, but even they missed some of the operating scenarios for the 787 battery.

Gary

DoctorHfuhruhurr

It looks like a stripped down ATV.  With those tires it wouldn't work well on my property.  I'd rather have a small diesel in something like that since it will run with less fuel.