Sign in to follow this  
hodge

parts or rebuild

hodge

The owner had started stripping the paint, and that is as fas as he got. He got busy, and when it came time for mowing season, didn't have it back together. He bought another mower, and this has sat in his garage. I am not clear on the year, but it does have the swept axle and big tie rod ends. It also has a 48" deck. I value your opinions!

Teddy da Bear

Did you mention the model??

rustyoldjunk

the 520h in your sig thats coming home 8/5/08? no matter,i would reassemble the tractor if its all there.its drivable if you need to move it,if you need to use it,its ready and most important for me,i love taking non running machines and making them running machines again.

hodge

I just got it all home. It is a 95, but he had let it sit outside, and there is a fair amount of corrosion on some parts, the mower deck being the worse. Still, I am very satisfied with what I got for $300. Would this have the reduction steering? It has the large tie rods with the swept axle, and the steering gear is large, which goes through a block, where there is a smaller gear, meshing with the fan gear.

I haven't decided what I will do, but for now, I'm going to oranize the parts to see if anything is missing.

T-Mo

If it's a 95, then it should have the reduction steering. Got any pictures?

Curmudgeon

Without being able to see exactly what you have first hand, it's kind of an unanswerable question. Just how bad is it? How many parts are missing, if any? Every project has to be considered given it's exact circumstances. Will it make a runner, or would it be better making several others runners instead?

badbowtie

"If it aint broke, make it go 30 mph and it will be". (speaking from experience)

hodge

I think it is all there. But, at this point, I'm going to shelve the parts. I may move the front axle and steering reduction to my 88, but I'm not even going to do that right now- no time. I may make this a winter project to put back together. It's home, which is the most important thing.