Sign in to follow this  
David Morton

Rear lights on B-100 and tires

David Morton

Drove 180 miles to pick up my first Wheel Horse the other day. I got a B-100 for $250 - seemed to awesome to pass up. Something caught my attention as soon as I saw it because it just doesn't look orginal.   There are two orange reflectors and a red light on the rear fender...it just doesn't seem right, since the B100 has no lights. Also are those front tires original? Pictures attached. Anyone know for sure?

post-9581-0-44784300-1361312994_thumb.jp

post-9581-0-92703300-1361312995.jpg

varosd

:text-welcomeconfetti:

for $250  looks like a great deal!    the front tires do  look small.   head and taillight were a dealer installed option and standard on the C-120/C160.

Jake Kuhn

:WRS:  I would say 250 was a pretty good price for this one! the tail light in the center that is red I think would be original and someone added the yellow reflectors. Also I would say your front tires are small too.  Here is picture if you wanted to see what the stock front tires look like. ~Jake

102_0483.JPG

Wheelhorse84

Look at that horn!

• Like 1

rmaynard

As said above, the rear light, and front light for that matter were optional on the B-100. However, the reflectors that are there are not original. The original reflectors were red, held on by double-sided adhesive, and only 7/8" x 3".  The wheels appear to be off of a Lawn Ranger. They should be 8" rims with 16 x 6.50 x 8 tires.

David Morton

So I should keep the red light, and possibly look for the optional front light, and switch the orange reflectors out with red ones. Thanks guys! Also, are the rear tires suppose to be like mine, or Jake Kuhn's - or was that an option as well?

Thanks for your help.

rmaynard

The reflectors are no longer available. So unless you are trying to restore the tractor back to original, I would leave them alone. Your rear tires are fine. They are turf tires which were standard on the B-100. Jake's tires are AG lugs, which were optional. Some guys like the look of lugs, other like the turfs. It's a personal preference. Finding a front light is not too hard, but it will cost you up to about $50.00. It will consist of a what's known as a "headlight bucket" and a separate lens. The lens is still available new, but I think you can only find used buckets. There is an escutcheon plate that covers the hole in the front if you don't have lights.

By the way :WRS:  .

Jake Kuhn

So I should keep the red light, and possibly look for the optional front light, and switch the orange reflectors out with red ones. Thanks guys! Also, are the rear tires suppose to be like mine, or Jake Kuhn's - or was that an option as well?

Thanks for your help.

Your tires are correct for your tractor. I just put these on because I liked the look of them. when I got my b80 it had turf tires like yours. ~Jake

102_0207.JPG

Kelly

The front tires and wheels do not look to be the right size, if you want the front light set up send me a PM I have the parts used.