Sign in to follow this  
badbowtie

I need a measurment on a suburban hood

badbowtie

I have a suburban hood that someone "back-halved" I am a fabricator and I can fix it but I need a dimension from the inside front of the hood to the center of the rear so I know how much material to add. They cut about 3 inches off and you suburban guys know how tricky that part of the hood would be to fix. Ill let you know how many hours with a body hammer and dolly it will take me to fix when Im done. First I need a measurement. Someone B) Another option would be that if anyone has another hood that has a good rear (control portion) and maybe a rusted front I could weld the two together to make one good hood.

bell

I came up with 27-1/2".... That is not EXACT, but is VERY close. (my fuel tank was in the way to get a straight shot)

badbowtie

B) I appreciate it. I dont think anyone will know if Im off by even 1/4"

linen beige

I just measured my 1960 400 hood. Without the fuel tank, Straight back from the center of the hood, level with the bottom edge, is 27 3/8ths.

badbowtie

Ok thats sounds like a more accurate measurment. thats what Ill shoot for. Ill take some before, durring, and after pics of the whole project. All I have to do is figure out how to post them

Duff

Ok thats sounds like a more accurate measurment. thats what Ill shoot for. Ill take some before, durring, and after pics of the whole project. All I have to do is figure out how to post them

Go the Red Square home page, then scroll down until you find "Non tractor related discussion". Click on this and look for the topic, "Posting photos using Photobucket...." It'll walk you through the process very nicely. I'm a computer dummy :whistle: and I picked it up on the first try!

Cheers!

Duff B)

badbowtie

Hey theres "O Girl"

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1218142784.jpg

badbowtie

Not a very good pic though, I had to compress it too much to get it to fit on here